Mid-Senior Level Construction Compliance Biologist 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About the Job
We are currently seeking a full-time, experienced and highly qualified mid to senior level construction compliance biologist (6+ years experience) to join our Central Valley area-based team. This position will serve as the Project Biologist for a large infrastructure project currently under construction, with the opportunity to work on an extensive portfolio of projects in the Central Valley and surrounding areas. This position includes regular communication with the resource agencies and ensuring adherence to regulatory permit requirements during construction. Coordination with multiple stakeholders is required to prepare and implement general and species specific surveys as well as the oversight and coordination of a variety of field surveys and assessments. The candidate will oversee the preparation of compliance deliverables that include daily monitoring forms, survey forms and biological reports. The ideal candidate will have experience with species in Central Valley and also possess professional skills associated with jurisdictional wetland delineations and botanical surveys. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills are essential. This position will work with several resource leads and overall Dudek compliance manager to ensure surveys and compliance monitoring associated with biological resources meets regulatory requirements. This position will be based out of our Fresno office.
Duties and Responsibilities
May be involved with all or a selection of the following, individually or as part of a team:
* Review and approval of documents requiring regulatory agency submittal including but not limited to pre-construction surveys, monthly impact reports and permit required surveys/trapping plans.
* Engagement and coordination with multiple stakeholders including permittees, regulatory agency personnel, technical specialists and construction management personnel.
* Develop and implement schedules for scoped project work
Education and Essential Skills
* Bachelor s degree in biology, ecology, botany or related natural resources field required.
* 6+ years experience with environmental consulting, natural resource planning and management or related field.
* Experience with implementation of California regulations related to the management of biological resources during fast-paced construction.
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawai i, and Oregon.
As an employee-owned company, Dudek s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our offices are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.