This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/6/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Purpose:
Perform operations including but not limited to fluid product receiving, product load out, and product supply or transfer to production processes. Other operational duties include clean-in-place (CIP) and clean--out-of-place (COP) gaskets and master sanitation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform duties required to assure that assigned area is sanitary and clean.
* Receive fluid products, check storage vessels, observe product flow into and out of storage vessels, and respond to any problems.
* Follow steps to insure proper operation and perform periodic preventive maintenance of equipment in the area.
* Prepare and comprehend wash tags, shipping and receiving paperwork, and master sanitation schedule.
* Complete and maintain Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) record keeping such as completing charts and sanitation sheets.
* Collect product samples in a sanitary method for lab testing.
* Prepare equipment (i.e. tanks, silos, values, and hoses) for production needs according to daily production plan.
* Dedicate effort to safety as we expect every employee to leave work in the same condition as they arrive.
* Follow all DFA good manufacturing practices (GMP) and work in a manner consistent with all corporate regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements.
* Exhibit the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America through honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Adhere to all DFA Quality, Safety and GMP policies and procedures and report any nonconformity.
* Attend required training, including but not limited to Safety, GMP, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
* The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* 1 year of manufacturing experience
* Certification and/or License -- Able to obtain Sampler's Certification within 90 days of employment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and company computer systems, specifically SAP
* Skill in proficient computer usage
* Skill in written and oral communication
* Able to use and understand calculations, production rates and fluid inventories
* Able to prepare and comprehend evaporator logs and master sanitation schedule
* Able to perform routine machine adjustments
* Able to use and understand calculations for weights
* Able to physically complete required tasks
* Able to contribute to the positive performance behaviors through personal example
* Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
* Able to be proactive in seeking solutions
* Able to work in collaboration effectively and foster good teamwork
* Able to follow directions and meet deadlines
* Able to take appropriate steps to find solutions to problems
* Able to present options and ideas to current processes or procedures
* Able to interpret and apply company policies
* Able to adapt and manage to change effectively
* Able to perform task and duties without constant supervision
* Able to take initiative in performing job and seek increased responsibilities
* Able to read, write, and speak English
An Equal Opportunity Employer