Mission Planning Support Engineer (NAVSOF Basic MPSE) (CA, Coronado) 5/6/2020
Sawdey Solution Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
MISSION PLANNING SUPPORT ENGINEER (NAVSOF BASIC MPSE)
The MPSE Basic NAVSOF will provide mission planning support to the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Mission Planning & Execution Program (SOMPE) for the Naval Special Operation Forces (NAVSOF) Depot.
Additional Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited To:
* Download, and install map updates in support of the NAVSOF/Tactical Local Area Network (TACLAN) Images.
* Accomplish file download, installation, test, and support of Microsoft Windows and Android based systems.
* Image and deploy NAVSOF/TACLAN Images.
* Assist with proposal development, if necessary.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
* Minimum of five (5) years mission planning experience in a Special Operations Forces (SOF) environment with automated mission planning & execution tools in operational environments.
* Minimum of two (2) years experience using Microsoft OS and Android OS applications on PC/android hardware.
* Thorough knowledge of mission planning related software and hardware.
* Knowledge of mission planning set-up and teardown procedures and mission planning & execution environment software loading.
* Knowledge of mission planning & execution software capabilities and its applicability to the unit s mission.
* Possess knowledge of applying security policy, procedures, and protective measures.
* Minimum of five (5) years, within the last eight (8) years, operational experience with Special Operations at Special Forces Group, Civil Affairs, MISO, Ranger Regiment; Sea, Air, Land (SEAL); or, Special Tactics Group/Squadron.
* Minimum of five (5) years operational experience with organization s computer systems, communications, mission equipment, and planning techniques.
* Understand Windows 7 and later/Android client operating systems.
* Experience in the utilization of relational database structures and possesses knowledge of Microsoft Access or SQL Server.
* Possess knowledge of networking hardware and software; SIPRNET and NIPRNET; communications (classified/unclassified networks and device procedures).
* Understanding of relational database structures.
* Possess knowledge of McAfee VirusScan and apply computer security policy, procedures, and protective measures
* Be familiar with the assigned component s tactical Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
* Possess Technical Writing skills to include: drafting lesson documents, and peer review of documents created by others.
* Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* A+ CE, CCNA Security, Network+, or SSCP highly desired.
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
* Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and fulfill all duties and responsibilities as listed in the contract.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite including, but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Security Clearance: Top Secret security clearance required.
US Citizenship: This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Sawdey Solution Services to staff it only with U.S. Citizens.
Req Number ENG-20-00020
Location Coronado, CA
About the Organization Sawdey Solution Services, Inc., with an ISO 9001/ISO 14001 certified and CMMI-SVC v1.3 Level 3 appraised corporate headquarters, has built a nationwide and global footprint providing innovative cross-disciplined professional services, engineering, and cyber solutions to Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Federal Agencies, and commercial customers. Operating successfully since 2001, we are a Woman Owned/Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business.
EOE Statement Sawdey Solution Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Disabled-Veterans-41 CFR 60 1.4 and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, or veteran status.
This position is currently accepting applications.