Mobile Fleet Maintenance Technician/Leasing Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/4/2020
END DATE 4/2/2020
La Mirada, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTEC Equipment is the West's leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,300 employees in 26 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated.
We have a full-time opportunity for a Mobile Fleet Maintenance Diesel Technician for our growing La Mirada, CA Leasing department. This position is primarily responsible for using our Mobile Maintenance truck to travel to our leasing customers' locations to perform preventative maintenance, diagnose, and repair our leased fleet of heavy duty trucks.
We are committed to your success at TEC. We offer a family-oriented environment and competitive pay with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
* Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, & AFLAC
* Life, Accident, and Disability Insurance
* Education Reimbursement Program
* Healthcare, Commuter, and Dependent Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care FSA
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
* Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
* Paid Training including 100% in-house Volvo & Mack certification
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Company-paid Uniforms and Cleaning Service
* Length of Service Recognition Program
* Referral Bonus Program
* Paid CDL Medical Review Fee
* 24/7 Virtual Doctor Visits
* Tobacco-Free Program
* Drive mobile maintenance truck to customers' locations
* Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identify worn and damaged parts; repair or replace parts as needed.
* Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems.
* Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
* Must use all safety equipment necessary for the job.
* Minimum 2 years practical experience in commercial class 8 truck repair field
* Transmissions, clutches and drive shafts
* Electrical systems
* HVAC systems
* Steering systems
* Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records
* Ability to meet physical demands of the job in safe and alert manner (job requires frequent lifting/moving, climbing, stooping, kneeling, seeing, grasping, ability to wear personal protective equipment, etc.)
* Minimum 18 years of age
* Valid driver license and ability to be insured by our motor vehicle insurance required
* Valid CDL Class A or B driver's license strongly preferred
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving are contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.