Mobile Maintenance Technician 6/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE
Mobile Maintenance Technician
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as conveyor systems, hydraulic sort equipment, motors, electrical systems, HVAC equipment and facility systems and equipment by performing the following duties. Employee may be assigned to a company vehicle and maintain equipment at multiple facilities (Route Mechanic) or may be assigned to a single facility (Fixed Mechanic).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
Start devices to test their performance.
Initiates purchase order for parts and machines. Repairs electrical equipment.
REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE):
1. EDUCATION: Possess a high school degree or an approved GED. A technical degree in Industrial Maintenance is preferred, but not required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Possess a minimum of three years experience in the Industrial or Building maintenance field, with experience in supervision, planning / scheduling, estimating, and hands-on facilities maintenance preferred.
3. ACCREDITATION: N/A
4. COMPUTER SKILLS: Some basic General Computer skills helpful.
5. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with multiple customers.
6. REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.