Mobility Asst Veh Op-O2 Cert( Full-Time) 8/21/2020
Hackensack Meridian Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
As a Driver-MAVO, you will transport patients in wheelchairs between medical facilities, from their residence, either private or licensed healthcare facility, in a professional and caring manner. Administers Oxygen to patients as per the ASHI Oxygen administration training for NJ MAVOs.
* Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in driving a mobility assistance vehicle van.
* Operates JFK EMS Ambulance vehicles safely and professionally, in compliance with all laws and rules governing same, JFK EMS standards for vehicle operation, and with due regard for the public.
* Performs all maneuvers / procedures as defined in accordance with MAVO Certification and JFK EMS policies.
* Maintains vehicles at the beginning and end of shift with required items for transports utilizing a Vehicle Check List.
* Communicates with Communication Dept. on status of assignment.
* Ensure that appropriate patient medical documents accompany all transports.
* Thoroughly complete all trip sheets and turn in to Communications Dept. at the end of shift.
* Decontaminates vehicle interior following transport of patient.
* Responsible to provide patients, patient family members, facility staff members, and physician staff members with the opportunity to fill out and hand in Survey cards, at time of transport.
* Safely administers / regulates oxygen up to 6 liters via nasal cannula in a non-emergency setting as prescribed by a healthcare provider.
* Ensures adequate oxygen supply as per company protocol at start and end of shift.
* Must be capable of communicating via written and verbal means in the English language.
* Additional duties or overtime as management may require in the daily operations of JFK EMS Ambulance Service, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
* High School Diploma or equivalent education is required
* Four (4) years driving experience is required
* A valid Motor Vehicle Driver License
One (1) year experience as MAVO is preferred
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.