This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/17/2019
END DATE 6/27/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONPacific Life is looking to invest in bright, agile new talent to ensure we continue to innovate and strengthen relationships with our policyholders. It s in this spirit that we are currently looking to add a credentialed modeling Actuary to our Retirement Solutions Division.
As an actuary on the Prophet modeling team, you will play a key role in Pacific Life s growth and long-term success. You will become a highly visible member of our modeling team providing modeling solutions to business requests emanating from Pricing, Valuation, Business Planning, Risk Management and Hedging. You ll also initiate and conduct multi-channel discussions with various stakeholders including Product Design, Valuation, Risk Management, Hedging and others to understand business requirements and develop effective solutions.
* Location is flexible allowing you to sit in either Newport Beach, CA, Omaha, NE, or remotely.
* While our team aims to hire at the Associate Actuary level, candidates who meet most but not all requirements are encouraged to apply. Actual job title will be based on experience and skillset.
What You ll Do
* Take ownership and perform tasks related to the Division s model conversion project
* Proactively evaluate and recommend modeling strategies and potential approaches, to find solutions that best address business needs
* Perform initial development and testing of models, peer review changes made by other team members and act as a resource to functional areas during user acceptance testing
* Adopt the company principles and requirements pertaining to Model Risk Management and Assumption Governance by supporting company activities around model risk, model documentation, model consistency and transparency
* Partner with IT and functional areas to develop simple, effective, and innovative solutions to simplify modeling processes
* Support independent periodic model review initiatives
We re not simply looking for actuaries. Our teams search for professionals with intellectual horsepower who can build relationships outside of their team and bring fresh new ways of thinking to our collaborations. If you re a creative, mission-driven self-starter who s comfortable with ambiguity, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you re a perfect fit for our team.
Factors for Success
* Bachelor s Degree in Actuarial Science, mathematics, finance, computer science or other quantitative related field is preferred
* Completion of 4+ actuarial exams
* 3+ years of actuarial experience, preferably with annuities
* Experience with valuation requirements, financial reporting and accounting principles
* Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Self-starter with ability to develop solutions by collaborating with multiple business partners; customer focus
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience working with Excel and VBA, as well as SQL. Knowledge of Python, R, Matlab, or grid computing would be advantageous
* Experience working in actuarial modeling systems such as Prophet or Moses is preferred
A career at Pacific Life is more than a job. You ll find those who work passionately each day to drive our company forward enjoy job security, flexible scheduling and great opportunities for career growth. If you re seeking a thriving career doing the type of meaningful work that s all too rare at a Fortune 500 Company, you re the perfect cultural fit for our team. See how we harness the Power of Pacific to fulfill our shared purpose apply for one of our positions and grow your career with Pacific Life today!#LI-AI1
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.