Monitor Technician/Unit Secretary 8/21/2020
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Regional Medical Center Bayonet is a 290-bed acute care hospital and Level II Trauma Center located in Hudson, and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. Just 30 minutes from the Tampa city life, the hospital is located on Florida's Nature Coast and boasts beautiful beaches and intercostal waterways.
The GME teaching hospital has achieved distinction as a certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Chest Pain Center with PCI, accredited Arrhythmic Center or Florida (SCPC) and Accredited with Commendation Community Cancer Program (CoC). Additionally, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture 13 Years in a Row 2005-2017 and Five-Star Recipient for Back Surgery 8 Years in a Row 2010-2017 from Healthgrades. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech acts as the primary clerical resource for the unit as well as monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station. Duties and responsibilities include:
* Performs a range of clerical duties that support the operations of the unit.
* Acts as unit receptionist greeting and directing visitors.
* Assists in the ordering, receipt and storage of supplies.
* Assembles patient charts.
* Answers unit telephone, transferring calls, determining when staff members should be paged and taking and forwarding messages.
* Serves as an important link in the communication chain ensuring information is transmitted between nursing personnel, other hospital personnel, physicians, patients, family members and other guests.
* Assists in entering patient information in Meditech computer system.
* Maintains nursing station in neat and orderly manner.
* Completes special projects for unit director, supervisors and charge nurses.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
QUALIFICATIONS Qualifications include:
· Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent required.
· BLS through the American Heart Association required upon hire.
· Previous clerical experience and CMT/cardiac experienced preferred.
· Previous experience as a unit secretary and monitor tech in a hospital setting preferred.
· Strong customer service skills required.
· Familiarity with medical terminology is desired.
· Computer literacy is required.
· Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course.
· Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.