Mortgage Loan Closer 6/5/2020
Morris Plains, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Mortgage Access Corp. is hiring a Mortgage Loan Closer in Morris Plains, NJ. The Mortgage Loan Closer is responsible for closing Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, State Bond Agency, Non-Conforming purchase and refinance transactions, and second mortgage transactions in various states.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Reviews title commitments and invoices; reconciles fees in Encompass.
* Reviews hazard insurance policy for correct coverage.
* Reviews the Closing Protection Letter and wire instructions for accuracy; requests revisions if necessary.
* Requests or follows up for receipt of the Funding Shield Certificate.
* Prepares initial Closing Disclosure.
* Ensures that Closing Disclosures are sent before 6:00 p.m. when up against the TRID-required 3-day wait period. Calls GSM and customer to inform them that the Closing Disclosure was sent.
* Reconciles Closing Disclosures with Closing Agents.
* Ensures proper compliance with TRID timelines for delivery of Closing Disclosure.
* Prepares final closing package for first and/or second mortgage transactions.
* Reviews closing documents/packages for complete accuracy.
* Ensures all wire requests are fully completed, accurate and given to Accounting prior to their cutoff.
* Responsible for daily management of pipeline of loan closings, prioritizing based on scheduled closing date.
* Monitors pipeline daily for compliance-related variance alerts and warnings, and addresses and/or clears all alerts and warnings prior to loan closing.
* Must return phone calls the day received -- 'Sundown Rule'.
* Makes 'welcome call' to settlement agent; confirms closing dates and timelines for closing.
* Makes any phone calls to obtain title, surveys or hazard insurance missing from file.
* Provides closing package to Team Leader for final review.
* Confirms all closings and updates Encompass 24 hours after closing.
* Assists with Closing Hotline coverage.
* Ensures that a verbal verification of employment (VVOE) is in every loan before it closes, and that the VVOE is completed no more than 10 days prior to closing.
* Addresses and clears all post-closing and Quality Control exceptions within the timelines established by those departments.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
* High school diploma or GED
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
* Five (5) or more years of mortgage banking closing experience preferred
* Thorough understanding of TRID regulations, federal and state regulations and company closing policies and procedures
* Solid knowledge of and practical experience with applicable technology tools including, but not limited to Encompass and Microsoft Office suite of products
* Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, highly ethical manner
* Time management and organization skills to effectively prioritize multiple objectives and achieve volume goals
* Good verbal and written communication skills are essential; proficient at one-on-one contact in person and via telephone
* Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees throughout the Company
* Strong analytical ability
* Strong attention to detail
* Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled