Mortgage Loan Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/13/2019
END DATE 11/22/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position is located in Lafayette, LA, 70503.
If you are a driven, sales oriented person who is looking for an exciting sales career in the mortgage industry, we may have an opportunity for you as a
MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER!
Since opening in 2002, NOLA Lending Group has rapidly grown to become one of the largest mortgage lenders in the area. We have accomplished this by providing our customers the best experience at the best price. Our mission is to provide world class client service and superior quality lending practices with uncompromising integrity to all of our customers.
NOLA Lending Group has offices in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Florida and is a division of Fidelity Bank. We are continuing to grow in current and new markets and we are looking for self-managed professionals to help us achieve our goal.
The primary duty of a Loan Officer is to makes sales. This position requires strong sales and marketing skills, excellent communication and detailed follow-through. A Loan Officer is responsible for self-sourcing high quality loans, while providing excellent customer service. Must be able to identify opportunities and to develop strong business relationships with realtors, builders and other business partners. Sales experience preferred but not required.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
* Minimum GED or High School diploma
* Must be customarily and regularly engaged away from the employer s place of business engaging in sales activities
* Ability to build relationships with realtors, agents, brokers, builders, customers, title companies, insurance companies and other outside referral sources
* Ability to organize, prioritize and handle a high volume of loans in the pipeline all in various stages of the loan life cycle
* Ability to manage multiple contacts handling the loan at different stages
* Ability to obtain Safe Act certification
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good problem solving and negotiating skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong time management skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Detail oriented
* Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook
* Bachelor s degree preferably in a business related field
* Mortgage lending industry experience
* Previous background in business, sales, marketing or management
* General knowledge of the processing and underwriting functions
* General knowledge of investor procedures/guidelines
* Encompass experience
Specific Job Functions:
* Develop new business by utilizing various methods that may include but not limited to: attending/sponsoring community or marketing events and realtor open houses, hosting realtor appreciation breakfasts/lunches/dinners, attending/conducting continuing education classes, attending/hosting broker tours, maintaining social networking sites, and cold-calling agents
* Send email blasts to realtors, agents, brokers, and builders with new products and/or rates
* Take complete and accurate loan applications and submit to Processing
* Analyze and understand pay stubs and tax returns and calculate debt, business income and rental income to understand and explain to a loan applicant why their loan was approved/not approved
* Follow credit guidelines to understand findings from credit reports
* Order appraisal and title fees
* Request required documents from customers
* Communicate changes to processing department
* Review and initial fee sheet
* Review Closing Disclosure
* Attend closing or be available by phone, when possible
* Assist with clearing investor conditions to get loan purchased
* Complies with regulatory rules and regulations, evidenced through successful completion of training and demonstrated ability
* Performs other duties as appointed by management
NOLA Lending Group, a division of Fidelity Bank, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.