Music Therapist 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
The music therapist assesses patients/families, devises a treatment plan, and implements the treatment plan. The music therapist consults with others on the therapeutic uses of music and coordinates educational in-services regarding music therapy with the community relations department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Follows appropriate standards of practice as set forth by the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA), the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) and the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO).
* Maintains Board Certification by the CBMT and complies with continuing music therapy education
* Educates hospice staff members on the appropriate use of the music therapy program and encourages referrals from all clinical staff and
* Completes the music therapy assessment for patients/families referred and devises a treatment plan, contributing to the interdisciplinary plan of
* Provides music therapy sessions to patient/families in accordance with the plan of
* Uses music therapy to treat a variety of medical, psychological, emotional, spiritual and social needs of patients/families in an age-appropriate
* Uses music that is consistent with patient/family cultures, religions, and
* Knowledge of a variety of musical genres and
* Provides in-services regarding the use of music therapy in hospice to staff and community
* Travel to patient homes, facilities, or hospital units to plan, organize and direct medically prescribed music therapy activities as part of mental and physical treatment.
* Direct and participate in instrumental and vocal music activities designed to meet patients' physical or psychological needs, such as solo singing, rhythmic and other creative music activities, or music li
* Instruct patients individually in prescribed instrumental or vocal music and music projective techniques, such as guided imagery, progressive relaxation, awareness of conscious feelings
* Collaborate with other members of the Hospice team.
* Document patient visits in accordance with policy.
* Advise the RN case manager of response to the therapy or changes in
* Participate in staff meetings, department meetings, team meetings, briefings, in-services, committees and related activities as
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Music Therapy from an accredited college or
* Current CPR certification.
* Minimum of one year of music therapy and experience in a health care setting preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Ability to communicate via cell phone or tablet and learn and utilize cloud based technology.
* Understand Hospice philosophy; issues with death and dying.
* Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
* Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting.
* Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.