National DRTV Buyer 5/9/2020
Sandy Hook, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: National DRTV Buyer
LOCATION: Sandy Hook, CT (remote to start)
RATE/SALARY: $75k- $80k (plus bonus(
START DATE: asap
Out client, a leading independent media planning, buying and analytics agency located in Fairfield County, CT., is seeking a Direct TV National Buyer who will play an important role in their future growth plans.
The responsibilities of a DR National TV buyer are comprised of the overall execution and management of the client's media efforts. This encompasses all activities from the initial buy assessment, negotiations, and ongoing management & campaign stewardship and final reporting/reconciliation. Team members are required to adhere to industry best practices, be SOX compliant, and to be current on industry developments. They are expected to work with other team members to move the organization forward by providing effective/efficient buying, thorough stewardship, and innovative solutions.
* Negotiating and buying National DRTV (networks/stations)
* Understanding of National Broadcast General Media
* Monitoring ongoing buy performance to determine necessary re-expressions within flight to deliver goal
* Development and issuance of weekly campaign reporting inclusive of weekly write ups summarizing campaign performance versus goal and recommended buy management changes
* Maintaining accurate benchmarks for past and present buys
* Reconcile vendor invoices and handle discrepancies in order to complete necessary billing procedures in compliance with client timelines
* Securing regular communications with sales reps to understand ongoing marketplace conditions and building relationships representing the agency
* Participation in developing spec buys for potential new business
* Completely understanding the clients business model and metrics for success
* Ability to use Strata, SBMS, Advantage, BVS, CORE & Nielsen
* Providing guidance and assistance to Assistants and Coordinators, including but not limited to calling for pre/post log times from networks, downloading BVS schedules, updating logs, preparing traffic docs
* Establish and maintain strong agency relationships. Working with the TV/Radio team on joint projects and cooperatively work with the Account Executive team
* Researching new technologies that will help clients build their businesses
* Bringing innovative solutions to outstanding issues
* Approaching buys thru a holistic lens that benefits the entire campaign
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a National DRTV buying position
* Excellent quantitative skills - expertise with Excel and proficient with numbers
* Strong communication capabilities for both internal and external dialogue
* Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
* Strong attention to detail and problem solving
WunderLand Group is the destination for creative, digital, and marketing talent. We match exceptional people with great opportunities. At WunderLand, we know successful recruiting can only happen by truly understanding our talent and our clients, that's why our team of expert matchmakers puts your goals first. Our reputation for quality has been verified by the industry, with Best of Staffing(R) talent scores 3x higher than the industry average.
WunderLand is part of the Advanced Group, a talent acquisition and management, consulting, outsourcing, and professional services organization.
It is WunderLand Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.