(National) Head Of School
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/21/2019
END DATE 1/18/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
(National) Head Of School
HEAD OF SCHOOL
K12, Inc., the nation s largest provider of online K-12 education, seeks progressive education executives to lead innovative schools that eliminate opportunity gaps for our students and increase teacher effectiveness. As chief administrator for a K12-managed school (or Head Of School as we call them), you have an opportunity to make a profound and lasting positive impact on the lives of K12 students across the United States.
We are currently seeking to create a pipeline of Heads Of Schools for the 2019-20 school year and beyond. Applicants will be screened through our executive recruiting function and asked to provide their location preferences by region and/or states and their ability to relocate. You will be eligible to apply to specific positions when posted, but also be proactively considered ahead of open roles.
AS A Head Of School, YOU WILL..
* Often works with multiple Board(s) of Directors acting as chief administrator of one or more schools; manages regulatory complexities and political sensitivities; implements the school s mission, vision, and strategic planning initiatives driven by K12 and Board(s) of Directors;
* Develops plans and policies for the educational program and submits them to Board(s) of Directors for approval; ensures policies and programs are carried out appropriately by all students, parents, and staff;
* Communicates school budget decisions to K12 and the Board(s) of Directors and oversees the local implementation of the budget;
* Oversees implementation of the school marketing and enrollment plans directed by K12 to achieve and maintain enrollment capacity;
* Serves as public relations liaison between K12 and the school community; engages community and civic groups to support school programs and the school community;
* Effectively recruits, hires, and retains highly qualified staff; develops effective staff members through an ongoing evaluation process and professional development;
* Creates and fosters a positive school culture by involving school staff, community leaders, students and parents;
* Serves as the school s instructional leader and ensures data is being used to drive all academic decisions
IS K12 RIGHT FOR YOU*
* Do you communicate well*
* Can you build customer confidence*
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
* Is your manner honest and straightforward*
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
* Do you value others' opinions*
Minimum Required Qualifications
* Bachelors Degree And
* 10+ years of school leadership experience OR
* Combination of Both;
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES :Administrator's License preferred
THE ABOVE JOB IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN ALL-INCLUSIVE LIST OF DUTIES AND STANDARDS OF THE POSITION. INCUMBENTS WILL FOLLOW ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS, AND PERFORM ANY OTHER RELATED DUTIES, AS ASSIGNED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR. ALL EMPLOYMENT IS AT-WILL AS GOVERNED BY THE LAW OF THE STATE WHERE THE EMPLOYEE WORKS. IT IS FURTHER UNDERSTOOD THAT THE AT-WILL NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT IS ONE ASPECT OF EMPLOYMENT THAT CANNOT BE CHANGED EXCEPT IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED OFFICER. BY SIGNING BELOW THE INCUMBENT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT SHE/HE HAS REVIEWED AND IS FAMILIAR WITH THE CONTENTS OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION.
WHO ARE WE*
* About us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
* Limitless Learning
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend