NAVY LODGE NORFOLK) GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/7/2019
END DATE 12/23/2019
Navy Exchange Service Command
JOB DESCRIPTIONNAVY LODGE NORFOLK) GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
Responsible for the front desk operations, lobby appearance, guest
service, office operations, etc. Position will be required to work all
shifts including holidays as scheduled. Communicates with all Navy
Lodge personnel and chain of command concerning operations, guest
issues or situations that require immediate attention.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Front Desk Operations - Assists guests in person or via telephonic
contact for all communication including, but not limited to, room
reservations and/or cancellations, payments, questions, check-in,
check-out process, collecting payments, authorized patron
verification, guest room assignments, credit card processing,
express check out requirements, etc.
* Reconciles daily transactions of all accounts and outlets of the
Navy Lodge ensuring complete balancing while maintaining guest
service at all times. Executes night audit functions.
* Applies knowledge of Navy Lodge standard operating procedures,
processes, and rules governing patron eligibility.
* Interacts with patrons and receives and resolves customer
complaints. Utilizes judgment and understanding of policies and
procedures to better assist patrons and resolve complaints and
issues to includes, but not limited to: upgrading patrons room
type, adjusting room fee, adjusting check-in and/or check-out
times consistent with Navy Lodge Policy; refers unusual issues to
immediate supervisor for assistance.
* Handles all stages of guest's stay, accommodating special request
as needed and resolving issues that may arise.
* Issues room keys, sorts incoming mail and messages and deposits
guest valuables in safety-deposit boxes.
* Operates telephone switchboard taking and delivering messages as
required and answers inquiries pertaining to Navy Lodge services,
base facilities, area attractions and travel directions.
* Responsible for lobby appearance including cleaning, mopping,
dusting, organization, presentation, etc. and all assigned work
* Responsible for assigned pass key, properly logs in and out using
Navy Lodge key log record. For security reasons must report lost
key immediately to Supervisor.
* Responsible for care and upkeep of Navy Lodge issued uniform
items, i.e. name tags, shoes, jackets etc. and assigned work
equipment i.e. radios, power/hand tools, etc.
* Greets and welcomes guests (upon sight or within 10 feet) while
performing outstanding guest relations.
* Utilizes a computerized Property Management System (PMS) and
takes inquiries and reservations from authorized patrons. Provides
information regarding facilities, location and surrounding area
and produces reports. Input statistical data and reviews same for
accuracy. Data is used in developing appropriate guest history and
* Operate POS to record sales from convenience store. May assist in
maintaining and stocking adequate supply levels
* Reconciles daily transactions of all accounts, ensuring complete
balance accuracy while maintaining customer services at all times.
* Ensures all wake up calls are handled promptly and properly.
Types any miscellaneous memos/correspondences required in the
course of performing job duties/responsibilities.
* Complete bank deposits, mail pick up mail, collect money bags,
and other required services.
* Exchange, maintain rotating change fund and daily log of moneys
received and deposited. Maintains all records and access to Guest
Safety Deposit Boxes.
* Responsible for the set-up and breakdown/clean-up of the
complimentary \\"self-service\\" breakfast bar and other events in the
lobby area. Ensures surrounding area is returned to its original
state and free of all left-over food by the end of designated
* May be required to assist with set-up and breakdown of chairs and
tables used during special functions, and clean immediate and
surrounding area upon the conclusion of the event.
* Required to assist in laundry facility and issue/ deliver guests
supplies to guests.
* Maintains a clean and safe environment.
* Required to obtain certain certifications as necessary in
connection with performing job duties.
* Performs other related duties as assigned
One (1) year of general office clerical experience that demonstrated
the ability to perform clerical duties satisfactorily.
One (1) year progressively responsible experience related to the
position to be filled.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: Study completed in a
college, university, or junior college, above the high school level,
may be substituted on the basis of one-half academic year of study for
6 months of experience.
Flexible (0 - 19.5 hours