NCS Engineer 6/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITY AREA
With Nokia future becomes present, top candidates are expected to work on new generation mobile networks (5G, 6G, etc) which will allow autonomous car, ultra-high speed, low latency connection and millions of connected devices become a reality.
Nokia expect our candidates to deliver new innovative ideas, contribute to development of new tools, processes and approach which will bring new business to the company.
Nokia will introduce a program which offers a balanced amount of formal training, hands-on learning, and real-world experience with our customer services experts to build world-class technical expertise. We will also focus on leadership, innovation, and customer skills as critical to the success of our people and our business.
Candidate should be located and report to Nokia Headquarters in Dallas, TX, USA
This is an entry level opportunity for qualified candidates to develop and grow into Technical Experts in the Nokia s Network Cognitive Service Delivery Teams.
TECHNICAL TRAININGS AND DEVELOPMENT. During the first 4 months, engineers will be trained in Network Cognitive Services (NCS) where they will do hands on experience with Nokia Machine Learning & Analytics Services & Platforms.
* Familiarize Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
* Familiarize with advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
* Develop understanding in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, deep learning/neural networks
* Querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
* Creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
* Familiarize with custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
* Familiarize with predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, network performance and efficiency.
* Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
LEADERSHIP. Aside from technical know-how, it is very important for the role to develop a good customer interfacings skill, presentation skills and leaderships skills in order to prepare the candidates to his future role in the company as Technical Expert. They will soon lead the local engineers within North America, remote support team, R&D team and their Global counterpart.
Engineers are also expected to support customers (typically on-site) in a consultancy role, providing world class technical solutions to resolve issues on Radio network. Therefore, it is important to develop non-technical skills for the role.
* There will be Soft Skills development program which covers leadership, customer interfacing skills and public speaking skills development
Once they have built the strong knowledge of 5G wireless networks, engineers will be placed into a team for an additional 4-months intensive training and actual project experience. They will be placed on a project and work for Nokia s customer or operator s network. At the end of the program, the engineer is expected to be fully qualified technical expert.
* BS or MS in Electrical, Telecommunications, Computer, Computer Science, or Electronics Engineering
* High interested in new technologies and are eager to share your creativity.
* Very strong analytical skills and eager to find innovative/disruptive solutions to problems
* Flexible for traveling 75% of time for customer projects on-site and night work
* A strong communicator with excellent customer service and people skills
* Team player and have a positive can-do attitude
* Strong programming skills in R, Python, SLQ, C++ is essential.
* Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
* Relocation will not be offered for this role.