2nd Shift Team Lead 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Production Team Lead
This position is primarily responsible for supporting a specific process within their shift (blow-mold, assembly, winding, commercial), as well as back-filling production positions to address bottlenecks, breaks and absences as needed. Its secondary responsibility is to assist the Production Manager in providing the correct resources, materials, tools, and information available to ensure a quality product is manufactured in a safe environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The PTL will provide problem-solving support and coaching/on-the-job training to employees to ensure that day-to-day department goals are met SQDCC (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Cash).
2. Responsible for maintaining, supporting and presenting the MDI process.
3. Monitor the hour-by-hour charts; make appropriate recommendations to meet the production goal for the day.
4. Responsible for updating and maintaining production data.
5. Responsible for performing direct manufacturing in the specific process as needs arise.
6. Support 5S initiatives/visual management, continuous improvements efforts, and lean activities.
7. Partners with Production Manager to ensure Company safety rules and regulations are being met.
8. Maintains effective employee relations and establishes effective communications resulting in high employee morale and productivity.
9. Demonstrates Pentair s Win Right culture when interacting with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
1. Associate s degree in industrial engineering, business administration or related discipline preferred
2. 3 + years related manufacturing experience
3. Demonstrates proven leadership abilities
4. Results oriented
5. Lean experience preferred
6. Problem solving and critical thinking skills
7. Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing
8. PC Skills: Word, Excel, JD Edwards, Outlook, Kronos, PeopleSoft
9. Team player and self-initiative
10. Required to be familiar with and certified to operate all equipment and tools in assigned area
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Position requires continuous walking and standing. Some sitting, stooping, bending and kneeling is necessary. Lifting from 20-70 pounds may be required on an infrequent basis.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
* Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
* Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
* Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
* Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer. With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.