This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 8/11/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONBased in our North American headquarters, you will work with a small, driven team of software and database professionals to design and develop hosted software applications used by Mott MacDonald clients to help manage their assets. Typical clients include utilities, pipelines, state and local governments. This is a fast paced environment where team members fulfill varied roles as needed.
Within the scope of the projects delivered, you may be responsible for any number of these elements:
* Participate in requirements analysis;
* Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture;
* Write clean, scalable code;
* Test and deploy applications and system;
* Improve existing software;
* Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC);
* Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support.
To be successful in this position, you will need these required skills and attributes:
* 5+ years of experience in developing web applications
* Highly developed skills in ASP.NET MVC 4 development using C#, some VB.NET experience
* Experience using the Entity Framework with SQL server and developing WCF services
* The ability to work in a collaborative team environment using modern tools (TFS, Git or Subversion, issue tracking tools, document collaboration systems, and other ALM tools used by distributed teams)
* A solid grasp of design patterns, algorithms, performance tradeoffs, and object oriented programming.
It is beneficial if you have any of the following technical knowledge/experience:
* GIS experience
* UI design skills
* Experience using Power BI, Sencha, Telerik
* QA methodologies, tools and process
Our ideal candidate will have a degree in computer science or software engineering and related experience in a similar role.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.