Network Administrator Firewall
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/29/2020
END DATE 2/14/2020
Job ID 2020-4347
US-VA-Radford | US-VA | US-VA
Engineering (non IT)
NCI: As a Network Administrator Firewall, you will provide services in support of the Army Product Director Acquisition, logistics, and Technology Enterprise systems and Services (PD ALTESS). PD ALTESS provides enterprise class data center services ranging from server hosting, software design and system architecture to lifecycle management, problem solving and Enterprise Service desks for PD ALTESS hosted customers and associated users. PD ALTESS has a mission to keep systems up and running and serving customers twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and three hundred sixty-five days a year. PD ALTESS supports multiple missions throughout the DoD, Army and Federal workspaces. Data centers supported are expansive and integrated across multiple geographical locations, consisting of both physical and virtual architectures, supporting hundreds of programs, thousands of virtual servers and millions of users worldwide. The missions we supported is varied and complex. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Capable of being proactive and working independently with minimal technical direction.
* Communicate in an effective manner.
* This position is for a Senior Network Administrator Firewall in a mixed and growing environment currently supporting functional teams and customers that utilize MS Windows server 2008 R2/2012R2/2016/2019, Microsoft SQL 2012/2014/2017, MS Windows 2010, VMWare 6.x., OEL 6x-7x, and Oracle Operating systems.
* This position will work with the existing team members who are responsible for designing and supporting multiple complex networks in different locations.
* This position will help lead in the strategies to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support networks for multiple customer environments.
* This position will lead efforts to plan, execute and implement new Firewall implementations. Responsible for creating and maintaining team technical instructions, operating procedures, and policies as needed.
* This position will need to be adept at monitoring and tuning system and network performance, ongoing operation of the network, hardening of the network and reporting of the overall security and operational status.
* The position will also recommend improvements to the enterprise and manage new software/hardware integrations when required while also providing utilization reports using existing tools to identify problems and corrective actions as needed. This position will provide support towards the lifecycle of a mixed environment of vendor equipment in the datacenter to include firmware version control and periodic preventive maintenance.
* This position will also need to be able to recommend, demonstrate, and implement technologies to help expand, upgrade, and increase efficiencies to the current environment.
* The position will need excellent communication and team skills.
* Clearance: Department of Defense (DOD) Secret Security Clearance
* Information Assurance (IA) Certification (required on day one of employment): DOD 8570 IAT II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
* Computing Environment (CE) Certification: (i.e., MCSE, Server+, CCNA, RedHat, Palo, VMware etc.) can be waived for 30 days after project join date.
* Education/Experience: BA +10 years (Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent)
* Five or more years experience designing, implementing, documenting, and maintaining complex networking solutions
* Five or more years experience configuring, updating, maintaining, administering, and migrating Palo Alto Firewalls
* Five or more years experience with Network Management, Analysis, and troubleshooting tools such as SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, Palo Alto Panorama, Men and Mice, etc.
* Five or more years experience in automation and scripting with Python, Pearl, TCL, or Ansible
* Five or more years experience configuring, updating, maintaining, and administering the following Cisco technologies: Cisco Nexus (9K, 7K, 5K, and 2K), Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco ASR and ISR routers, and Cisco Firepower
* Three years experience or working knowledge of Software Defined Networking
* Five or more years' experience creating, maintaining, following Standard Operating Procedures for repeatable processes, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution
* Five or more years experience supporting Cybersecurity patch management and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), Security Requirement Guides (SRG), Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Control Assessor-Validator (SCA-V), and Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRI)
* Strong interpersonal skills and willing to be a team player
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
* Sitting for long periods
* Standing for long periods
* Ambulate throughout an office
* Ambulate between several buildings
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
* Travel by land or air transportation 25%
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.