Network Cable Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
Oklahoma City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONVodastra Technologies is seeking a cable technician to join our team! You will be resolving cable related issues.
QUALIFICATIONS: * Previous experience in cabling systems, and/or other related fields such as:Twisted Pair Copper dmarc extensionsDS3 Coax with BNC dmarc extensionsINSTALLATION OF CAT 5E/6 STRUCTURED CABLING SYSTEMS ACCORDING TO INDUSTRY STANDARDS SUCH AS EIA/TIA, BICSI, NECAbility to connect to network hardware and the Internet using a laptopDSL modems, routers, NID splitters and DSL filtersIdentification of different types of voice and data circuitsInstallation of voice switchesInstallation of data network hardware802.11a, b, g, n wireless technologies and surveys without mapping software802.11 Wireless Access Point surveys using Mapping Software (i.e. Air Magnet) with the ability to provide coverage mapping reportsT1 ckts, MPLS ckts, DSL ckts, DS3 CktsPOTS linesWireless Access Points, Power over Ethernet (Installation)
* Cabling system experience, technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
* Skills including: installing, configuring, troubleshooting, programming, and replacing parts as need.
* Knowledge of using diagnostic tools, service aids, and product schematics, to assess and resolve equipment and system failures.
* Ability to maintain and complete accurate record keeping and processing of paperwork.
* Must work well independently, as well as follow directions.
* Ability to handle more than one responsibility at a time.
* Ability to work under deadline pressures.
* Strong communication skills, organizational skills, and time management.
* Ability to build rapport with clients.
* Positive and professional demeanor.
TECH MUST HAVE HIS/HER OWN TOOLS AND TRANSPORTATION.
Powered by JazzHR