Network Engineer 6/4/2020
Annapolis Junction, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Network Engineer
Primary Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Clearance: Active DoD Secret and DHS suitability
Please note that you must be a US citizen to apply to this job posting
Education: A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline
Experience: 4 or more years- of related professional experience.
Working Hours: M-F, 7:30am 4:30pm and 24/7/365 on-call support
Requisition Number: MD20003
* Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the information technology field.
* Experienced in executing sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Perform a variety of tasks and work under general supervision.
* A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide hands and eyes support for remote operations staff on an as needed basis
* Familiarity with network and system recovery scenarios such as loading a switch, recovering failed network hardware, and replacing server hardware
* Perform cable and labeling maintenance within the Data Center
* Perform server and network hardware upgrades and replacements
* Cable server racks in a visually appealing, logical and consistent fashion
* Adding/removing equipment and cables as needed
* Troubleshooting network, system, and data center issues.
* Maintain system compliance with DHS/FISMA IT Security and Information Assurance objectives concerning privacy of passenger screening information.
* Active current DoD Secret and DHS suitability
* Willing and able to provide 24/7/365 on-call support in a timely mannerAbility to work on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks, to prioritize competing priorities,
* Ability to work under a cross-matrix management structure
* Ability to learn and adapt quickly to quickly evolving technology and priority changes
* Possess a desire to work closely with other members of the IT/development team.
* Ability to be a proactive self-starter with exceptional follow up skills
* Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Four plus (4+) years of diverse IT experience including OS (Microsoft/Linux/Cisco IOS), Network, Hardware, and Data Center operational support
* Well rounded with a wide breadth of diverse experience in and around data centers
* Experience installing/recovering system software such as OS and firmware updates
* Experience with common network concepts such as Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and Load Balancers
* Strong troubleshooting skills with ability to logically think through problems
* Ability to analyze and suggest solutions
* Experience with Switching: Cisco 4500-E/4500R+E/3850/3750X/3560X
* Experience with Firewalls: Cisco ASA 5555X/5545X/5525X+FirePOWER
* Experience with Load balancers: F5 LTM, KEMP VLM
To apply to this position please go to www.s4inc.com and click on Careers to complete and an employment application and to upload your resume.
S4 Inc. offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package with 401(k), and universal time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disabilities/veterans. S4 participates in the E-Verify employment verification program. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position, then we invite you to submit your resume. Candidate selected must be able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required by the contract at all times
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to apply to a position, please contact Michelle Sweeney, HR Manager, by phone at (781) 273-1600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.