Network Engineer II - Core IP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/3/2020
END DATE 8/11/2020
Greenwood Village, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SCOPE
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team is responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Under limited supervision, the Network Engineer II assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of varying (moderate to high) complexity. As a member of the team, you will develop and implement network enhancements while following corporate standards. Provides recommendations for improvement and assists in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs
* Contributes in designing corporate standards and develops network enhancements
* Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
* Provides tier support across organizations.
* Leading project teams that maintain and improve network operations.
* Hands on involvement in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
* Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
* Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
* Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
* Acts as a mentor to junior staff
* Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
* Knows, understands and follows company policy.
* Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
* Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
* Minimum of three (3) years network engineering experience
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience with - Cisco and/or Juniper.
* Minimum of two (2) years of Data network experience
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
* Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
* Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
* Efficient knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
* Intermediate knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
* Basic network devices and basic network appliances
* Experience with network designing software, such as Visio
* Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
* Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
* Knowledge of industry products and services
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.