Network Engineer, Journeyman - Secret Clearance 5/6/2020
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
WANTED: A mission-driven professional with CCNA
Certification and an active secret clearance to become
our next Network Engineer, Journeyman at Moffett Field
in Mountain View, CA.
As a Network Engineer, Journeyman, you will:
* Provides technical support on information systems
* Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
* Continue growing and perfecting your skills as a
* Receive robust benefits package that includes
Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
* Be a part of an empowered accountability culture
where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in
the future success and growth of the company
A week in the life of a Network Engineer, Journeyman:
Troubleshoots network performance issues.
* Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity
* Monitors and responds to technical control network
hardware and software problems.
* Supports the purchase, testing, and installation of
network communications systems.
* Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and
activities that are broad in nature and are
concerned with major systems design, integration,
and implementation, including personnel, hardware,
software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or
* Provides assistance and oversight for information
systems operations activities, including computer
and telecommunications/communications operations,
data entry, data control, network administration and
operations support, operating systems programming,
system security policy procedures, and/or web
strategy and operations.
* Supports network operations, systems security,
systems software support, and production support
* Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and
* Provides the routine testing and analysis of all
elements of the network facilities (including power,
software, communications machinery, lines, modems,
* Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies
and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting
* Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and
makes improvements to the network.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a
government services contractor focused on delivering
Strategic Solutions to complex national priority
programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our
employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference,
implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and
focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on
quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we
deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine,
"BEST FOR VETS" by Military Times, and TOP 10 MILITARY
FRIENDLY EMPLOYER by MilitaryFriendly.com
* Required Certification: CCNA
* Preferred Certification: CCNP and VMWare
* Education: High School Grad (AS Preferred) or
* Years of Experience: 4
* Security Clearance: Secret