Network Engineer Level 3 with TS/SCI CI Poly 6/3/2020
Information Management Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
IMG provides information technology (IT), information assurance (IA), and visual communication services to government and commercial customers worldwide - is hiring a full-time Network Engineer with TS/SCI at its Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, DC location.
Founded in 1987, IMG is a leading small business that exemplifies competence, integrity and follow-through. We consistently provide customer focused professional services, which ensures our company is recognized for continually exceeding expectations. We believe that at the core of our success stand our people. Our people have provided professional services in the Information Technology field for our customers with a commitment to customer satisfaction for over 30 years.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
* Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
* Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices
* Monitor network performance and integrity
* Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
* Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
* Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
* Communicate with users when needed
* Maintain complete technical documentation
* Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
* Performs complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery
* Assists in the design, implementation and maintenance of systems, programs, hardware and software.
* May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
* May perform network administration duties.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
* 3+ years of Cisco experience, certifications preferred CCNP, or higher.
* 3+ years of Juniper experience, certifications preferred JNCIA, or higher.
* Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
* Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, network cabling, and other network related hardware.
* Working knowledge of network technologies and protocols including Trunking, VTP, Layer 2 & 3 Port-channels, Spanning-Tree, Port-Security, HSRP, EIGRP, OSPF, QoS, BGP, and MPLS, BFD.
* Knowledge of Hierarchical Network design and Multi-layer network design for troubleshooting.
* Knowledge to perform packet capture analysis and troubleshooting performance issues.
* Working knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications for troubleshooting.
* Knowledge of network monitoring using SNMP protocol and system logging.
* Knowledge of Cisco Voice and Conferencing technologies preferred.
* Working experience with trouble ticketing systems like Siebel, Remedy, or ServiceNow.
* Knowledge of Splunk, Wireshark, HPNA, HP NNMi, or Netscout is useful, but not mandatory.
* Experience with crypto devices is also useful, but not mandatory.
Clearance Required: TS/SCI prior to consideration
Additional Requirements to be obtained: CI polygraph required
Baseline Certification: IAT Level II certification required (Sec+ or comparable cert).
Computing Environment Certification: Must have at least one CCNA, CCNP, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIP-ENT or similar network certification.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Years of Experience: 5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
IMG COMPANY BENEFITS
* Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
* Short term and long term disability insurance
* 401(k) with generous company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
* 20 days of personal leave plus paid federal holidays
* Professional development and training assistance
Information Management Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Additional BenefitsShort Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Paid Time Off