Network Engineer Level 3 with TS/SCI 5/6/2020
Information Management Group, Inc.
Fort Belvoir, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
IMG provides information technology (IT), information assurance (IA), and visual communication services to government and commercial customers worldwide - is hiring a full-time Network Engineer (F5, ASA, and Palo Alto) with TS/SCI at its Fort Belvoir, VA location.
Founded in 1987, IMG is a leading small business that exemplifies competence, integrity and follow-through. We consistently provide customer focused professional services, which ensures our company is recognized for continually exceeding expectations. We believe that at the core of our success stand our people. Our people have provided professional services in the Information Technology field for our customers with a commitment to customer satisfaction for over 30 years.
The F5 engineer will be responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of the F5 BIG IP infrastructure supporting the INSCOM network.
* Serve as a subject matter expert in supporting F5 load balancers with Big-IP LTM, DNS, AFM, APM and ASM
* Perform daily operational tasks submitted by customers through ticket system
* Prepare network or infrastructure Visio topology diagrams, write Standard Operating Procedures, maintenance plans and provide status reports as required, participate in data calls and other operational and maintenance tasks
* Troubleshoot network problems, network device configurations and coordinate with various department administrators to facilitate connectivity issue resolution
* Design technical solutions
* Participate in the development and support of GISA and INSCOM technical requirements
* Champion a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing standard methodologies and success and building positive relationships
* Can deliver technical presentations to include whiteboards at CxO level through to detailed technical staff.
* System administrator skills with UNIX, Microsoft or application knowledge
* Proven grasp of LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including switching, routing, and security (e.g., Layer 4-7, firewall, DDoS, etc)
* Industry and F5 Networks-targeted technologies i.e. Application Delivery Control, Application Access Control, SSL intercept/inspection, and Web Application Firewall Security.
Requires 5+ years overall IT experience working in a large enterprise environment with the internal processes of a federal governmental structure and its mandates
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent communications skills and ability to interact with clients
* Experience with Cisco network technologies
* Significant experience with supporting and maintaining F5 Big-IP load balancers to include set-up, maintenance, upgrades and replacement of the latest generation of F5s
* Extensive experience with Big-IP LTM and ASM modules in a large shared environment
* Demonstrate an ability to craft and understand iRules
* Experience with TCPDump, Wireshark and analyzing network traffic
* Demonstrate a solid understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP network models and provide examples
* Experience working in a large SDLC environment
* Experience analyzing security impacts and risks to websites, explain crafting ASM policies with examples.
* Experience in custom SSL, ciphers, and LTM traffic performance optimization
* Experience with supporting and maintaining wireless networks
* Intermediate knowledge of networking and systems administration; and the ability to troubleshoot problems
Clearance Required: TS/SCI prior to consideration
Baseline Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
Computing Environment Certification: F5 Certified Solution Expert
Education/Years of Experience:
HS or GED and 10 years experience
Associates and 8 years experience
BS and 6 years experience
MS and 4 years experience
IMG COMPANY BENEFITS
* Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
* Short term and long term disability insurance
* 401(k) with generous company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
* 20 days of personal leave plus paid federal holidays
* Professional development and training assistance
Information Management Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Additional BenefitsShort Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Paid Time Off