Network Engineer Mid level (Job ID# 1491406) 8/20/2020
Sayres and Associates Corporation
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY -------------------------
Sayres and Associates Corporation (Sayres) is a dynamic, Native American-owned, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned business that has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Awarded the U.S. Small Business Administration, Washington Metropolitan District Office's 8(a) Graduate of the Year for 2017, Sayres and Associates Corporation continues to grow in a highly competitive environment while exceeding customers' expectations.
Sayres is seeking a Network Engineer Midlevel with active Secret security clearance, verifiable in JPAS.
Position is located in San Diego, CA.
Responsibilities, Qualifications & Clearance Requirements
* Provide network management subject matter expertise to include user identification and consultation, Information Exchange Requirement (IER) analysis, spectrum management, interoperability and interface recommendations, oversight, verification, and validation to ensure compliance with: voice and data architecture, network design, and software specifications.
* Provide an understanding of existing and planned operational networks, the translation of new operational requirements and operational concepts into proposed new system designs, the application of current and evolving networking standards, and activities leading to technology insertion into ongoing contractual activities, as well as vision for future possible solutions in the area of networking both for static and mobile networks.
* Perform networking system integration, and operations, in airborne networks that include multiple levels of classification.
* Apply principles of TCP/IP, IP sub-netting, ACLs, advanced routing protocols to include EIGRP and BGP, GRE tunnels, VLANs, trunking, QoS, DHCP, DNS, and VPNs.
* Write network documentation, specifications, and schematics for terrestrial and wireless tactical network architectures.
* Perform analysis of hardware and software solutions including tools and techniques to meet specification and design.
Education, Work Experience, Skills, and Clearance Requirements
* Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in applied science, computing, engineering, mathematics, physics, management information systems, or other related engineering or computer science discipline.
* Secret security clearance.
* Minimum five (5) years of experience performing management, reduction, and analysis of data, designing tests, and laboratory analyses, including scientific analyses and interpretation of research results
* Minimum five (5) years of experience with networking design and development to modify/improve functionality
* Minimum five (5) years of experience reviewing, analyzing, and modifying systems, including development, testing, troubleshooting, and installing networks for C4ISR systems
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering, and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad. Sayres & Associates https://sayresandassociates.applicantpro.com