Network Engineer, Senior - Secret or Top Secret Clearance 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
WANTED: A mission-driven professional with a CCNA and
Security + Certification and an active Secret or Top
Secret Clearance to become our next Network Engineer, Sr
at Arnold AFB, in Tullahoma, TN.
As a Network Engineer, Senior you will:
* Provides technical guidance for directing and
monitoring information systems network operations.
* Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
* Continue growing and perfecting your skills as a
* Receive robust benefits package that includes
Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
* Be a part of an empowered accountability culture
where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in
the future success and growth of the company
A week in the life of a Network Engineer, Senior:
* Directs compilation of records and reports
concerning network operations and maintenance.
* Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes
network traffic and provides capacity planning
* Monitors and responds to technical control network
hardware and software problems.
* Interfaces with vendor support service groups to
ensure proper escalation during outages or periods
of degraded system performance.
* Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and
support of network communications systems.
* Performs system-level design and configuration of
products including determination of hardware, OS,
and other platform specifications.
* Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and
activities that are broad in nature and are
concerned with major systems design, integration,
and implementation, including personnel, hardware,
software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or
* Provides assistance and oversight for information
systems operations activities, including computer
and telecommunications/communications operations,
data entry, data control, network administration and
operations support, operating systems programming,
system security policy procedures, and/or web
strategy and operations.
* Supervises personnel engaged in the operation and
support of network facilities, including all
communications equipment on various platforms in
large scale or multi-shift operations.
* Supervises complex operations that involve two or
more additional functions such as, but not limited
to, network operations, systems security, systems
software support, and production support activities.
* Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and
* Provides the routine testing and analysis of all
elements of the network facilities (including power,
software, communications machinery, lines, modems,
* Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies
and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting
* Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and
makes improvements to the network.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a
government services contractor focused on delivering
Strategic Solutions to complex national priority
programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our
employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference,
implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and
focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on
quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we
deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine,
"BEST FOR VETS" by Military Times, and TOP 10 MILITARY
FRIENDLY EMPLOYER by MilitaryFriendly.com
* Required Certification: CCNA, Security+
* Preferred Certification: CCNP preferred
* Education: AS Degree (BS Preferred) or equivalent
* Years of Experience: 6
* Security Clearance: Secret or Top Secret Clearance