Network Engineer Sr (Endpoint Protection)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/1/2019
END DATE 10/30/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Network Engineer Sr (Endpoint Protection)
The most security-conscious organizations trust Telos Corporation to protect their vital IT assets. The reputation of our company rests on the quality of our solution and the integrity of our people. Explore what you can bring to our solutions in information assurance, secure networks, secure enterprise messaging, and identity management.
Be a part of the Telos culture and see what sets us apart! Telos offers an excellent compensation package with benefits that include generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401k. Our employees enjoy more than just a great work environment!
This position may be based in Washington, DC, or remote.
This is your opportunity to join a busy Network Security Engineering team delivering cutting-edge solutions to a fantastic Government client. A solid foundation of endpoint security to our client s approach to Security Engineering. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of endpoint and network-based security tools deployed on-prem and in the cloud. This diverse team is responsible to securing a large infrastructure. We are seeking a motivated individual as this team in constantly evolving and currently implementing cloud security solutions in AWS.
* Designing and implementing endpoint security solutions in cloud and on-premise data centers.
* IDS/IPS Engineering: Installation/Configuation and tuning IDS/IPS signatures, create and amend policies.
* SIEM: monitor events and trends using Kibana.
* Provide support for internal and external customers in a large enterprise environment.
* Troubleshoot a range of IT security and connectivity issues.
* Support other team members in troubleshooting and project efforts.
* Manage hardware and software inventories.
* Works with remote teams to install, maintain and troubleshoot security hardware.
* Ensure customers receive top of the line support in a polite and courteous manner.
* Keep detailed records of customer interaction and problem resolution in a ticketing system.
* Develop standard operating procedure and network topology documentation.
* Provide on-call and afterhours support as required.
* Administer applications running on Linux and UNIX systems in virtualized and cloud environments.
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience (6 years).
* 6+ years experience with Endpoint protection System:
* The successful candidate will have proven experience configuration and administration of Carbon Black Protection (Bit9) / FireEye HX or Cylance Protect (AV).
* The candidate must be able to explain how they have implemented and advanced these tools with in an organization.
* This is not just an operations position, the successful candidate will be responsible for making improvements.
* 6+ years experience with systems administration:
* The successful candidate must have experience with Windows and Linux/UNIX server operating systems administration.
* You must have Strong command line experience with Linux or UNIX including OS installation and configuration, security hardening, patching and package upgrades and must have in-depth experience on IDS tool like Security Onion , Snort , OSSEC.
* 3+ years experience scripting in Python or Ruby.
* The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.
* Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
* Experience with Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
* Scripting experience with PowerShell, bash, Perl, Python, or Ruby
* Experience deploying cloud-based firewalls and developing, integrating with, and managing AWS cloud environments
Telos maintains a drug-free workplace and will conduct drug testing on all applicants who have accepted an offer of employment.
Telos Corporation participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Telos will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration ( SSA ) and/or the Department of Homeland Security ( DHS ) of your authorization to work in the United States.
Telos offers an excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits to meet your needs for today and the future.
Telos and its subsidiaries are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. Job Type
Washington, DC 20405 US (Primary)
Telos offers an excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits to meet your needs for today and the future. Telos and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.