Network Engineer 6/3/2020
BayFirst Solutions LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
Location: Washington, DC
US Citizenship: Yes
Clearance Required: DHS Suitability
BayFirst Solutions is seeking a Network Engineer to support the enterprise architecture, design, development and deployment of network services in support of the Department of Homeland Security's Wide Area Network.
The position supports a variety of network technologies such as Cisco routing/switching, Cisco VPN, F5 GTM/LTM loadbalancing, Palo Alto firewalls, BlueCoat Proxies and others. The ideal candidate will be able to support DHS Component/Customer and Enterprise solution designs and implementations, Core network technology refresh projects, Cloud integration and migration projects, incident ticket troubleshooting and providing input to for DHS strategic nextGen WAN architecture and design.
* Provide network engineering, enterprise architecture, and network design services with specialization in Cisco and other networking products. Work with customers to support data communications and IT security needs of the organization, produce architecture and design documents, engineer and deploy network solutions, and troubleshoot network issues. Past experience within the Department of Homeland Security or other government agency is preferred.
* 3+ years experience working in a WAN environment
* 5+ years NOC experience in a Tier2/Tier3 capacity
* Strong knowledge of Cisco, Palo Alto and BlueCoat technologies.
* Preferred work experience with routing/switching, firewalls, proxy servers and DNS systems
* High level architectural and operational experience with complex networks.
* Strong knowledge of routing protocols and TCP/IP.
* Working knowledge of firewall and networking technologies to communicate and collaborate on issues and solutions with other engineers.
* Strong knowledge of IT security related to networks and applications with solutions to mitigate those issues.
* Must be able to work evening change request windows and provide on-call support after normal business hours as required.
* Must be able to work independently in fast paced, dynamic environment.
BA/BS (relevant field); relevant experience may be a substitute for education.
Microsoft Office Suite (Word,Powerpoint, Outlook)
Strong knowledge of Cisco, Palo Alto, and BlueCoat technologies
Thank you for your interest in BayFirst Solutions LLC. If you are unable or limited in your ability to apply online, you can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources to express interest in a specific position: Phone: (202) 567-2196.
Note: This option is available only to those needing an accommodation related to a disability. In order to express interest, you must have the information related to the specific position you are interested in (Job ID, Job title, Location, etc.). Information related to existing profiles or applications will not be provided via this phone number.
BayFirst Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. BayFirst Solutions prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other protected class. .