Network Systems Sales Engineer 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUSINESS UNIT:
Cubic Mission Solutions
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
JOB SUMMARY: Acting as a systems sales engineer, applies fundamental engineering principles, procedures and techniques to perform systems engineering assignments related to the development of electronic and software intensive systems and subsystems. Works closely with other engineering disciplines to ensure inter-disciplinary communication and coordination, while providing technical guidance. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support Programs of Record (POR s) which Cubic has equipment fielded to include architecture, configuration, product acceptance testing and initial fielding activities
* Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory. Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects
* Actively participate as a specialist who provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers
* Directly supports account managers across sales territories
* Conceptualize, specifications and test plans for systems and equipment based on customer/contract requirements.
* Researches design concepts and feasibility utilizing advanced technical theory and knowledge.
* Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs.
* Contributes to compilation and writing of proposal documents. Assists with design proposals to reflect cost and schedule estimates for defined engineering tasks.
* Develops system architectures that relates requirements and interfaces so that effectiveness of system design concept is clearly communicated to customer.
* Performs system requirement analysis and reviews system and subsystem design and interface specifications.
* Provides marketing support, customer/subcontractor liaison and technical direction to engineers and technicians.
* Participates or leads development of new business proposals, and preparation of associated cost rationale.
* Participates or leads both internal and external design reviews and status meetings.
* Performs system modeling and simulation, trade studies and system functional analyses.
* Works closely with other engineering disciplines to ensure coordination and integration of system elements and interface requirements, both internally and with teammates/subcontractors.
* Maintains knowledge of and follows applicable policies and procedures governing work assignments.
* Marine Corps / Navy program and communication architecture experience desired.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Four-year college degree in computer science preferred, information technology or related discipline. College education may be waived based upon experience and certifications such as Cisco, Aruba, VMware and Microsoft at the discretion of hiring manager.
* 5 years experience in the Information Technology (IT) and Internet Protocol (IP) networking area.
* Knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and overall IP networking technology required.
* Ability to load, configure and implement virtual machines in a VMware environment along with other hypervisors required.
* Knowledge of deployed communications and communications such as SATCOM, 3G/4G/5G LTE, MANET and fiber desired.
* Certifications such as Cisco CCNA, CCNP in Route and Switch, Security and IP telephony desired.
* Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
* Must be able to work independently and with a team supporting various customers at both the executive and technical engineer level supporting pre, during and post sales environments.
* Knowledge of customer communication needs and competing products a must in the defense environment a plus.
* Military communications experience preferred.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law