New Grad RN Residency StaRN 8/20/2020
Osceola Regional Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our STARN RESIDENCY PROGRAM!
We have new programs starting on:
October 12, 2020
November 2, 2020
The StaRN/Residency is a yearlong residency which begins with a 10-16 week (depending on specialty), PAID Classroom/Preceptorship program. It allows new graduate nurses to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive internship program. Open positions will vary throughout the year, and positions will be offered based on needs of the hospital, but units that typically hire StaRN residents include:
* Medical Surgical
* ICU, PCU
* Emergency Services
PART 1: STARN TRAINING - FIRST 5-8 WEEKS (depending on specialty):
* Instructor-led classroom training
* State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
* Certifications needed for each unit
* Training on charting systems
* The schedule is typically Monday-Friday, with 40 hour work weeks (8 hour days)
PART 2: STARN CLINICAL PRECEPTORSHIP - NEXT 7-8 WEEKS (depending on specialty):
* Conducted at the hospital
* You will be assigned a one-on-one preceptor to train you and acclimate you to your role
* Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor and their Director
* Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
* The schedule is typically three (3) 12 hour shifts at the hospital
PART 3: HCA RESIDENCY PROGRAM - REMAINDER OF YOUR 1ST YEAR
* Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital and continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month)
* Complete an evidence-based capstone project
* Current Florida RN license or Multi-state Compact RN license
* Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, within past 1 year
* Program acceptance requires a two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital. If a nurse chooses to leave the facility before the 2 year commitment is fulfilled, they may be required to meet a monetary responsibility.
* Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
* ATTENDANCE IS IMPERATIVE THROUGHOUT THE STARN TRAINING PROGRAM
YOU ARE MORE THAN A PAYCHECK. OUR BENEFITS RAISE THE BAR:
* PAID FAMILY LEAVE
* 401K MATCH
* MEDICAL PLAN OPTIONS, DENTAL & VISION
* EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PROGRAM
* AND MORE!
EXCEPTIONAL PEOPLE. EXCEPTIONAL CARE.
OSCEOLA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER is a Joint Commission accredited 404-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola Regional is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana.
Completed in April 1997 with over $125 million in expansions, Osceola Regional Medical Center is designed to be patient friendly that blends comprehensive state-of-the-art medical technology with the highest level of comfort and convenience possible for patients and visitors.
We are committed to continually enhancing the standard of healthcare by providing services to include: Emergency Care, Trauma Care, Pediatric ER, Heart & Vascular Institute, Comprehensive Stroke Center, The Baby Suites maternity care, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level II, Women's Services, Behavioral Health, Orthopedics & Spine and a Graduate Medical Education Program. We also expand our care to the community with our freestanding Emergency Department at Hunter's Creek ER.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.