North American Retail - Sales Internship
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/15/2019
END DATE 12/4/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you passionate about the future of food?
You've come to the right table. General Mills is reshaping the future of food, and we want bright, talented, fiercely curious people to help us get there. General Mills makes +100 consumer brands which can be found in +100 countries around the world, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more.
What is the Role of North America Retail Sales?
North America Retail (NAR) is our $10 billion retail food business in the U.S. and Canada. We have a diverse portfolio of iconic brands in 25 categories across the grocery store, and our products are eaten in 95 percent of households in the U.S. and Canada. North America Retail is made up of six operating units - U.S. Retail Cereal, U.S. Retail Meals & Baking, U.S. Retail Yogurt, U.S. Retail Snacks, Triple B and Canada. NAR's objective is to become the most innovative food company in North America and its mission is to Be a Force for Good.
A summer internship with the North America Retail Sales Division of General Mills will provide you with actual real-world career immersion. We will position you to succeed with training, involvement in the business; balanced social/community focused activities and provide you with individual feedback sessions for your immediate and continued personal growth and development.
What would I do?
Introduction and training experiences
* 1-week, enhanced intern orientation and sales training at our World Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN
* Foundational selling skills and product knowledge through structured curriculum and immersive field experiences
* Best in class individualized development for professional success
Types of potential projects and exposure
* Active engagement/ownership on a variety of sales division projects, each designed to build depth and breadth of understanding
of our business and customers
* Utilize business dynamics and analytical tools to provide solution-based insights to sell and influence decision-makers
* Recommend core business strategies and receive hands-on experience internally and with customers
* Work on business development, product introductions, category management, pricing and analytics
* Build internal and external relationships through cross-functional projects, trade shows, mentorships, and diversity organizations
* Meet with your customers, attend events and volunteer
* Presentation to senior leadership at the end of your internship
Professional performance feedback
* 2 performance appraisals will provide you with expectations, objectives and progress
Who is qualified to apply?
* Passion to sell/represent General Mills and our top consumer food brands
* All majors. Business, Communications and Liberal Arts preferred
* 3.0+ cumulative GPA preferred. Dec. 2020, May 2021 graduation
* Demonstrated leadership and teamwork experience
* Strategic thinkers and problems solvers with strong communication skills
* US work authorization/Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record/Position may require you to drive up to 15+ hrs/wk
* Longer-term mobility/flexibility (to relocate) to our World Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN; or designated field/business center locations
Potential starting locations…
* North American Retail (NAR): Minneapolis, MN; Scottsdale, AZ; Rogers, AR; Cincinnati, OH; Philadelphia, PA; Tampa, FL.
* Relocation for subsequent roles is critical for progression within our Sales Division
* Internship lasts 10 weeks June 1st - Aug 7th, 2020
* Monthly salary $3,500
* Relocation assistance & Furnished apartment with rental assistance/Full-time role may be offered at the end of the internship
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.