NSCAW Part-Time Field Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/5/2020
END DATE 3/20/2020
Headway Workforce Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONPART TIME FIELD REPRESENTATIVES
On behalf of RTI International, we are currently seeking Part-Time Field Representatives to work on a government sponsored research study. Field Representatives will work on the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-Being (NSCAW) and will be responsible for conducting computer-assisted interviews with caregivers, children, and investigative caseworkers.
The position is part-time, offering roughly 20-25 hours per week between April 2020- August 2021. We are interested in individuals who can work a flexible schedule. This would include weekend hours (Day/Night) and weekday hours (Day/Night). Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AVAILABILITY:
* Conduct valid, high quality in-person interviews, and child assessments in compliance with all project protocols covered at training and documented in the project manual
* Adhere to a schedule set by supervisor that ensures respondents are contacted in a timely fashion
* Need to be available to conduct interviewing during the field collection period, which is currently scheduled for April 2020 through August 2021, as follows:
* At least 20-25 hours per week, but sometimes as much as 40 hours per week (in weeks involving mandatory training). Note the number of hours in each work week may fluctuate depending on case load
* Work a flexible schedule that includes weekday day and night shifts and weekend day and night shifts.
* Must be able to spend at least 4 hours (not counting travel time) locating and contacting selected respondents on each field visit when work is plentiful
* Positive, self-motivated
* Effective interpersonal and verbal communications skills
* Experience using a laptop computer
* Reliable personal automobile and phone available for business use
* A valid drivers license and automobile insurance as required by your state
* Have regular access to an in-home internet connection for data transmissions
* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the first date of employment
* Availability for overnight travel either by personal automobile or air travel as specifically required for project trainings and other activities
* To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
* Possess a bachelor s degree or have completed at least 3 years towards a degree in clinical or counseling psychology or a degree in a related field such as clinical social work; If no degree, must have relative experience such as interviewing children
* Must be physically able to carry the necessary equipment, including a laptop computer. The total weight of required equipment for a child/caregiver interview visit is approximately 20 pounds
* Must be physically able to go up and down stairs with equipment if necessary
* Must be physically able to perform the required child assessments, including sitting on the floor to perform assessment activities with young children
* One year of experience directly or indirectly related to interviewing respondents on field studies is preferred
* Experience conducting direct assessments with children including the following assessments: Battelle Development Inventory (BDI-2), Bayley Infant Neurodevelopmental Screener (BINS), Preschool Language Scales (PLS-5), Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test (KBIT-2), and the Woodcock Johnson (WJ-III)
* This position falls under the U.S. Department of Labor Service Contract Act (SCA). Hourly wage will be determined based on the county in which work is being performed. The pay rate for Morris County, New Jersey is $21.64/hour. In addition to hourly pay, a Health and Welfare stipend of $4.27 per hour will be provided for up to 40 hours per week.
* Project related mileage would be reimbursed at the government rate, currently $.57.5/mile and there is a per diem for overnight travel
There is an in-person training session scheduled for the week of April 24th in Durham, NC. Attendance at training is mandatory. Completion of training marked by a passing score on a child assessment certification is required to continue with the project. RTI will cover the cost of travel, meals, and lodging.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: operating a computer, a phone, and other office machinery, driving to households; walking from car to household; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between households; ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines;, ability to work a varied schedule, including evening and weekend hours based on project needs; consistent demonstration of mental stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI procedure 4.2.1.
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at https://www.rti.org/jobs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here. #rti
* Back Share