Nurse in Mesa, AZ 6/5/2020
Global Medical Response
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NURSE IN MESA, AZ
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
* Respond to calls in a timely manner based off Company protocols.
* Meet and exceed Contractual response times.
* Represent the Company by being courteous, professional, and a patient advocate.
* Monitor communication equipment to maintain contact with Communications Center.
* Comply with all protocols for treatment and transportation of the sick and injured as defined by the Company, local, and regional Medical Control.
* Function within your scope of practice, independently and at an optimum level in a non-structured environment that is constantly changing.
* Perform rapid, precise, practical mathematical calculations pertinent to the medications and supplies used in emergency patient care.
* Demonstrate excellent clinical judgment, prioritize decisions and act quickly in the best interests of the patient.
* Maintain and replenish vehicle, equipment and supplies as needed.
* Maintain a clean, professional appearance while maintaining a courteous, professional, and ethical behavior while working cooperatively with other members of the health care system, co-workers, and the public.
* Perform other duties as assigned including those specific to the local operation.
* Take a leadership role. Mentor EMTs, students, and new employees.
* Regular attendance consistent with scheduled hours. Willing to work overtime as needed.
* Uses care and respect with all equipment and supplies.
* Ability to accurately map to a designation.
* Provide general medical care and treatment to patients in both emergent and non-emergent settings as defined by state and local regulatory agencies. Ability to perform ALS functions, following protocols set forth by the State.
* Neatly and accurately document pertinent patient information on all required forms/documents. (Patient Care Records, Supplies, and PCS forms)
* Turns in appropriate documents prior to leaving duty.
* Maintain a safe and healthy workplace in accordance with all appropriate OSHA standards, company policies and local standard operating procedures.
* Ensure that all required Certifications are current and remain current.
* Attend all Company required OSHA training, annual training, and all mandatory Company updates. Complete the training in the allotted time the Company sets.
* Maintain knowledge of job and medical field.
* Keep current on training for new equipment, procedures, and techniques.
Current license in good standing as a Registered Nurse as required by the state
Minimum two (2) years current Emergency Room or Intensive Care Unit experience.
Current CPR Pro certification card.
Current ACLS card.
Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Professionals (PEPP) card.
Current Trauma Nurse Critical Care (TNCC) preferred.
Current state Driver's License in good standing.
Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's Driving Policy.
Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
Other qualifications/certifications specific to the local operation and/or contract requirements.
Satisfactorily meet Company physical assessments/tests.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled