Nurse 2 Outpat - South Phila
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2019
END DATE 8/28/2019
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
JOB DESCRIPTIONS-SOPHILA - Care Network-South Phila Req ID: 27431
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time JOB SUMMARY
The Clinical Nurse II is a clinically competent practitioner of pediatric, family centered nursing. The nurse at this level provides safe nursing care to the general unit population with minimal guidance, and bases practice on identified principles and standards of care. The registered nurse is responsible for day to day patient care, assessment and treatment in an outpatient office. The nurse practices at the level of a competent to expert practitioner of nursing. The nurse must demonstrate competence in caring for patients with moderate to complex health issues and assist the Site Manager with administrative issues which affect the clinical practices within the office as well as comply with the administrative policies and clinical protocols as outlined in policy and procedure manual. Administratively responsible to the Site Manager and Ambulatory Nursing Director for nursing practice issues. Must be willing to rotate if needed to other Care Network sites within the designated cluster. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Follows Nursing Process to deliver care: assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
* Synthesizes patient assessment data and recognizes complex situations prior to communicating with care team.
* Collaborates with family, team members and other caregivers to initiate/update plan of care, patient/family education and discharge needs.
* Manages care of complex patients utilizing proper prioritization and delegation to appropriate staff.
* Identifies expected outcomes and revises plan of care when unexpected outcomes arise and begins to use full range of communication as a means of conveying plan.
* Documentation reflects ongoing evaluation and effectiveness of patient care utilizing current hospital standards, policies and procedures.
* Provides care that meets professional standards of practice and meets regulatory requirements.
* Role models appearance and behaviors that promote a positive image of nursing.
* Interacts with parents/patients and colleagues with respect and dignity.
* Spends the extra time with families listening for avenues to improve on the ideal patient experience.
* Understands the impact of arriving to work on time and is ready to start the shift and predicts challenges and obstacles.
* Provides an accurate patient status report to members of the team that reflect nursing interventions and patient outcomes.
* Actively participates in patient care rounds and can make recommendations to the plan of care.
* Chairs and/or participates in unit PPM council and may participate in departmental PPM council.
* Reads nursing articles, analyzes information and initiates staff discussion(s).
* Assists with data collection in research studies being conducted in work area.
* Participates in efforts to apply research findings to clinical practice.
* Can frame a basic research question.
* Able to identify own learning needs. Seeks out opportunities to meet needs and attends all required programs.
* Applies education and training from internal in-services to daily work to enhance personal nursing knowledge and skills.
* Attends education programs related to patient population.
* Utilizes patient education materials relevant to patient population.
* Demonstrates health care informatics competency in order to manage patient care, outcome data and current and emerging health care technology, which includes:
* Basic computer competency, including the effective use of patient care devices, computers, computer software programs such as e-mail and word processing programs, and shared network file space.
* Information literacy, including the effective use of the intranet and internet to find electronic resources for patient care, nursing practice and evidence-based decision-making;
* Information management skills, including the effective use of the electronic health record and clinical information systems, the ability to collect clinical data using quality tools and the ability to discuss, evaluate and analyze outcome data presented in charts and tables.
* Participates in promoting quality, efficient and cost effective care.
* Monitors own usage of supplies and equipment/identifies opportunities for improvement and makes recommendations.
* Manages own time to accomplish direct/indirect care in a cost efficient manner.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
RN / Temp Practice Permit
BLS Certification issued through on organization that requires a hands-on instructor lead psychomotor skills verification (ex. American Heart Association or Red Cross).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: Nursing Diploma PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
Preferred Education: BSN ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Basic use of a computer (mouse, keyboard, printer, USB ports).
* Basic use of Microsoft Office (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and Skype).
* Web browsing, intranet search, document access.
* Use of shared network file space.
* Basic use of patient facing technology. (e.g. IV pumps, point of care devices, CR monitors).
* Navigation and use of clinical communication systems.
* Determines the nature and extent of clinical information needed and uses the appropriate technology to access it.
* Accesses needed information effectively and efficiently.
* Evaluates information and its sources critically and appropriately incorporates it into clinical practice.
* Evaluates outcomes of the use of information.
Information Management Literacy
* Navigation of the electronic health record system.
* Ability to locate and review specific patient data in various clinical information systems.
* Effectively uses clinical decision support tools.
* Understands policies and procedures, confidentiality, security, and privacy regulations regarding the use of clinical information systems.
* Ability to collect clinical data using quality improvement tools.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146