Nurse Practitioner - CN - 43344 5/6/2020
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
West Chester, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LOC_WEST_CHE-Care Network-West Chester Req ID: 78321
Employment Status: Regular - Full Time JOB SUMMARY
The Nurse Practitioner practices within their Delineation of Practice and under the guidelines of the Division of Ambulatory Care. In collaboration with the attending physician, the Nurse Practitioner provides health care management and support to well and sick children enrolled in the ambulatory care network. The Nurse Practitioner provides assessment and diagnosis, interventions, evaluation and follow-up. The Nurse Practitioner participates in professional leadership activities including quality improvement, education and consultation to the nursing staff. Participation in scholarly activities is a part of the role. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
For specific clinical job responsibilities, please refer to Delineation of Practice Document and Clinical Responsibilities checklist.
* Assessment and diagnosis including obtaining a complete health history, performing a physical exam, order and interpreting screening and laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures, making a diagnosis and formulating a family centered plan of care.
* Interventions including treating health concerns, providing patient/family education, providing follow up care, consultation with other health care professionals and making referrals. Perform advanced procedures that are listed in Scope of Practice document and approved as a part of the credentialing process.
* Evaluate and monitor the effective of prescribed treatment plan. Using the most current evidence modify the plan of care based on the effectiveness of treatment and the patient /family response to the plan.
* Participate in scholarly activities including research, publications and education.
* Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate educational offerings. Act as preceptor and mentor to support the development of nurses, nurse practitioners, students and other health care providers.
* Demonstrate commitment to patient safety by speaking up about safety issues and changing practices to enhance safety. Share errors through system reporting mechanisms, and demonstrates shared accountability for safe practices.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
Registered Nursing License in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required; NJ if applicable.
Licensure for advanced practice role in state(s) with jurisdiction over practice location
Certificate of Prescriptive Authority in state(s) with jurisdiction over practice location to be obtained within the first 90 days of employment
National Certification in area of specialty
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: Master s/Doctorate in Nursing as applicable to correlating program of study. ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to work in an inter-professional team setting with multiple responsibilities.
* Ability to use computer and electronic medical record effectively.
Please refer to Scope of Practice document and Clinical Responsibilities checklist for specific requirements.
* Basic use of a computer (mouse, keyboard, printer, USB ports).
* Basic use of Microsoft Office (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and Skype).
* Web browsing, intranet search, document access.
* Use of shared network file space.
* Basic use of patient facing technology. (e.g. IV pumps, point of care devices, CR monitors).
* Navigation and use of clinical communication systems.
* Determines the nature and extent of clinical information needed and uses the appropriate technology to access it.
* Accesses needed information effectively and efficiently.
* Evaluates information and its sources critically and appropriately incorporates it into clinical practice.
* Evaluates outcomes of the use of information.
Information Management Literacy
* Navigation of the electronic health record system.
* Ability to locate and review specific patient data in various clinical information systems.
* Effectively uses clinical decision support tools.
* Understands policies and procedures, confidentiality, security, and privacy regulations regarding the use of clinical information systems.
* Ability to collect clinical data using quality improvement tools.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146