Nurse Practitioner Oncology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/23/2020
Sarah Cannon Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
SARAH CANNON RESEARCH INSTITUTE AT HEALTHONE is determined to make a difference in our patients' lives. Through Sarah Cannon, we are a part of a network that has conducted community-based clinical trials for more than 20 years and has conducted 400+ first-in-man clinical trials to date. Sarah Cannon Research Institute has been a clinical trial leader in the majority of approved cancer therapies over the last 10 years.
Sarah Cannon Research Institute at HealthONE is an outpatient clinic located on the campus of Presbyterian/ St. Luke's Medical Center (P/SL).
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As a NURSE PRACTITIONER for the Drug Development Unity you will support the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke's Medical Center of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. You will be responsible for evaluation, assessment of findings, initial management of problems (with appropriate referrals to physicians) and follow-up management as necessary of selected patients.
* You will participate in quality management
* You will utilize the peer review process for issues regarding their clinical independence (privileges)
* You will participate and contribute to educational opportunities for the purpose of continuous quality improvement
* You will serve as primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
* You will oversee and direct the care of assistive personnel
* You will maintain final accountability for the care given to assigned patients
YOU SHOULD HAVE FOR THIS POSITION:
* A Master's Degree
* Current licensure in the state of Colorado as a registered nurse
* Certified nationally as a Nurse Practitioner and/or graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
* Advance Practice Registry
* BLS & ACLS required
* Knowledge of cancer therapies including targeted and immunotherapies and management of side effects. Management of common issues that affect cancer patients.
* Knowledge of general internal medicine
* Knowledge of genomic testing
* Knowledge of end of life management
* Knowledge of Clinical Trial Process
* The ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members
* The ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care
* Three (3) years nursing experience in an acute care setting
* At least one (1) year experience as NP in Oncology required
DO YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF TEAM FIGHTING TOGETHER TO END CANCER? APPLY NOW TO HEAR MORE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.