This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2020
END DATE 9/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONCorrectional healthcare is not just a job. It s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as an evening-shift Nursing Assistant (3:00pm - 11:00pm) with Corizon Health:
* Work with all segments of the organization to analyze clinical knowledge/skill gaps and training needs. Create and implement a corporate clinical education and training plan. Participate in clinical quality improvement projects and initiatives.
* Checks vital signs, height and weight and reports results to the Registered Nurse. Reports any changes to inmate health status to Registered Nurse.
* Collects specimens as directed by the Registered Nurse. Measures fluid intake and output.
* Completes or assists inmates with activities of daily living (ADL) and hygiene to ensure that basic physical needs are met. Serves meals and assists inmates with eating. Provides skin care and observes for signs of skin breakdown.
* Transfers inmates from bed to chair/wheelchair. Escorts patients with medical department for medical services.
* Sterilizes medical supplies and equipment with scheduled spore testing of autoclave.
* Maintains medical supply and medication inventories. Maintaining daily working stock inventories. Checks daily functionality of medical emergency equipment.
* Completion and processing required medical summaries and reports. Assisting with QI activities through medical records reviews.
* Other duties as assigned
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* One (1) year of experience preferred
* Certification through an approved training program and maintains good standing with Nurse Aide Registry. Current CPR certification
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.