Nursing Assistant Level 1 Primary Instructor, RN 5/7/2020
Avamere Family of Companies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NURSING ASSISTANT LEVEL 1 PRIMARY INSTRUCTOR, RN
3060 SE Stark St
Come work for one of Oregon's 2018 Most Admired Companies!
Nursing Assistant Level 1 Primary Instructor,RN
Full-Time Day Position Available
Portland Market: Laurelhurst Village
The purpose of this position is to provide classroom and clinical education for Avamere Health Services Nursing Assistant Level 1 Program. The Primary Instructor is responsible for screening, interviewing and placement of students in each cohort. Cohorts include 96 hours of classroom/Lab and 75 hours of Clinical. The Primary Instructor is responsible for student education and guidance through to the placement of the state exam.
RN's with minimum 2 years SNF/LTC nursing preferred
ADN/BSN Registered Nurses, active unencumbered Oregon license required
This position includes:
* Paid Training and Mentorship/Peer Support
* Team Environment
* One-on-One training with Program Director & Peers
* Established Curriculum
* Autonomous Classroom within Avamere P&P and Division Rules
* ADN and BSN Graduates with 2 years LTC experience preferred
* Accountable for the classroom, laboratory and clinical practicum.
* Implement the required Board-approved curriculum
* Supervise and be present in the classroom at least 75% of the time that classes are being taught.
* Is onsite and available during 100% of the clinical teaching time.
* Provide effective teaching strategies in an environment that encourage student and instructor interaction
* Accurately records students daily attendance
* Follows and enforces Student Guidelines
* Evaluate the competency of students
* Maintains classroom in good physical order, helps to manage program supplies and keep equipment in good repair
* Enters classroom at designated time with all necessary materials. Begins and ends class at scheduled times and follows scheduled student break times
* May delegate classroom, laboratory and or clinical teaching responsibilities to a Delegated Instructor and/or a clinical teaching associate if directed to do so by the NA Program Director.
* The Primary Instructor shall hold a current, unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Oregon
* Two or more years of experience as a Registered Nurse and teaching experience or educational preparation for teaching adults.
* Must complete the Train the CNA Trainer course on adult instruction
* Must have sufficient ability to move around the building and classroom to satisfy student needs and/or facilitate student participation
* Must have sufficient visual and auditory ability to operate computer equipment, use telephone, read materials, use white board and use classroom equipment
* Knowledge of materials (subjects) that will be taught to students and ability to use and communicate the curriculum
* Ability to adapt quickly in fast-paced work environment
* Must maintain student records in accordance to Board standards
* Demonstrates professionalism in manner, dress and conduct as a representative of Avamere Health Services, LLC
* Responsible to AHS Nursing Assistant Program Director
AVAMERE COMPANIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.