NURSING ASST (CERT)-MMC-7 E MED SURG-FT-7P-7A 5/6/2020
McAllen Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides safe, competent patient-centered care for patients in accordance with facility policies, standards, and philosophy. The certified nursing assistant provides care under the direction of the registered nurse or physician. Participates as an active member of the Nursing Team on the assigned unit/department. Supports an organizational culture for Service Excellence and practices the Service Excellence Standards to all customer groups.
* Prefer experience in an acute care setting.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
* High School diploma or GED required.
* Must successfully pass any pre-employment assessment(s) required by the facility.
* Must possess one of the following:
* CNA certificate
* EMT certificate
* Medical Assistant certificate
* Current enrollment in an LVN, ADN or BSN accredited school of nursing with completion of fundamentals.
* BLS (or obtained during orientation)
* De-escalation class within first year of hire as required by site based on specialty unit and job function
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.