Offer Pricing & Operations Director, Customer Success Group 8/25/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Customer Success Group
The Offer Pricing & Operations Director, will be responsible for developing long term commercial vehicles and pricing policies for our Professional Services, Support and Success offerings ( Offers ). The candidate will align pricing, packaging, and commercial vehicles recommendations to the product roadmap and go-to-market positioning. The role involves working closely with Adoption & Growth Offer Managers, and a broad set of stakeholders including Finance, Legal, Revenue Recognition, Risk, Product Marketing, Professional Services/Success/Support teams, License Sales, and Corporate Pricing Strategy.
Additionally, the role will support the operational execution of New Services Introductions. The candidate must be comfortable with leading quantitative and qualitative market and competitive research as it pertains to Offer pricing and commercial constructs, and helping influence and shape product and business strategy.
* Design and deliver the next generation of commercial vehicles & associated pricing models with emphasis on market-relevance, customer-friendliness, support for the selling and delivery of outcome-centric Offers
* Drive market research, benchmarking and analysis to support strategic pricing & packaging
* Partner with Offer Management to understand Offer roadmap to recommend appropriate commercial constructs & pricing to ensure financial predictability & minimize risk
* Collaborate with core product operations, legal, revenue recognition, compensation planning, Risk & CSG operations to deliver commercial vehicles that map to the Offers
* Conduct pricing sensitivity analysis & impact assessment of discounting and promotions to assist with future strategies
* Influence CSG Line of Business (Pillar) leaders on Offer monetization
* Supporting a diverse and inclusive team culture to attract, retain, and grow talent
* BA/BS degree is required, MBA preferred
* 15+ years experience, including 5+ in product management & pricing strategy. Consulting, Corporate Strategy, or Product Marketing experience is a plus
* A fundamental understanding of business risk analyses and levers, pricing & revenue recognition models for Subscription & Support and Professional Services
* Ability to synthesize market challenges into use cases, develop solutions to complex problems from a strategic and operational perspective
* Have an execution bias
* Able to analyze data and distill into actionable insights for senior leadership
* Experience leading strategic business discussions
* Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes s World s Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune s 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row.
We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce's Customer Success Group (CSG) is on a mission to help Customers achieve business goals faster and get the most out of Salesforce. We are the team that pulls all the Clouds together. Our proven methodology provides a sustainable approach to business growth, trusted experts to help Customers at every step of the way and meaningful insights to help put all aspects of our platform to work.
ACCOMMODATIONS - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.