(OHVA) School Counselor - 2019/20
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/4/2019
END DATE 7/13/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
(OHVA) School Counselor - 2019/20
[OHVA] SCHOOL COUNSELOR INSPIRE THE FUTURE
K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
The mission of OHVA is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
Utilizing leadership, advocacy and collaboration, the Counselor promotes student success by providing preventive services and responding to identified needs through implementation of a comprehensive school counseling program that helps guide all learners in their academic success, personal and social development, and career and college planning.
AS A SCHOOL COUNSELOR, YOU WILL ENJOY...
* Delivers individual and group guidance curriculum supporting student development;
* Analyzes student data and develops data-driven programs for intervention action plans;
* Provides responsive services to individuals or groups on academic and personal issues;
* Provides an individual planning system to guide students toward post-secondary goals;
* Assists students in the acquisition of study skills, academic opportunities and benefits;
* Provides a support system that strengthens the efforts of teachers, staff, and parents;
* Maintaining transcripts for students in caseload;
* Supports standardized testing program; parent education; and staff development.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Web-based search engines, and database systems
* Flexible schedule; Ability to travel as needed, up to 25% of the time
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Organizational skills, multi-tasking abilities
* Ability to work without direct supervision
* Ability to pass required background check
Get To Know (OHVA) !
* Behind the scenes
* A Day in the life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12's learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
* Valid State of Ohio Guidance Counselor license
* Master's degree AND
* 1 year previous experience in counseling and/or advisement OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency
* Experience with DASL
* Experience with distance learning
* Advanced coursework in counseling and administration
* Experience as a 7-12 teacher
* Experience in a customer service environment.
* Experience with Local, State, and Federal laws and mandated reporting
* Experience in a community school environment preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT: These work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* The noise level in the home office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic, household appliances, and household distractions).
* The noise level at meeting locations throughout the state are typically moderate and should not vary much from what is experienced in the home office.
THE ABOVE DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN ALL-INCLUSIVE LIST OF DUTIES AND STANDARDS OF THE POSITION. EMPLOYEES WILL FOLLOW ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS, AND PERFORM ANY OTHER RELATED DUTIES, AS ASSIGNED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR. EMPLOYEE MUST BE ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION AS REQUIRED BY LAW. BY SIGNING THE EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT, EMPLOYEE ACKNOWLEDGES THAT SHE/HE HAS REVIEWED AND IS FAMILIAR WITH THE CONTENTS OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION.
WHO ARE WE*
* About us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Send This Job to a Friend