On-site Client Support Specialist, Medical Devices - Boston, MA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/16/2019
END DATE 11/19/2019
Karl Storz Endoscopy
JOB DESCRIPTIONKARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 70 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA) is headquartered in El Segundo, California, and is responsible for all U.S. distribution and sales of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices, and OR1 operating room integration technologies.
KARL STORZ is currently seeking an On-Site Endoscopic Specialist (OES) to work at our client s site in Boston, MA.
Reporting to the Region Manager of Onsite Service, the primary responsibility of this role is to provide on-site, hands-on client support of KARL STORZ medical devices (including hand instruments and video equipment) for the role s assigned clients (hospital or surgery center). This role will be primarily working with the client s Sterile Processing Departments and Operating Room team members.
Key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
* Face-to-face client support, including Operating Room, Sterile Processing Department and Biomed
* Daily maintenance and management of the client s KARL STORZ devices
* Maintain the instrument sets so they are always in excellent working order and ready for use; keep repairs and replacement equipment expenses within a predetermined budget for the account; preventative maintenance on all KARL STORZ devices; trouble shoot video and instrument issues in the Operating Room; inspection of the instruments and documentation of their functionality
* Training and education of KARL STORZ devices and/or services for the Operating Room and supporting departments
* Identifying process improvement opportunities and designing workflows to improve efficiencies and reduce repair costs
* Tasks will vary depending on the agreement with the account and will generally include:
* KARL STORZ video tower / system set-up and support;
* Inspection, repair, troubleshooting and replacement of KARL STORZ devices;
* Monitoring, reporting and facilitating repair/ exchange transactions;
* Transporting, cleaning/sterilization and packaging of KARL STORZ instruments after use.
Our successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken English language business communication skills. They will also have demonstrated success working in a collaborative, service-oriented team environment.
* A minimum education level of a high-school diploma
* 2-4 years of experience in medical device (including hand instruments and video equipment) repair, sales, or services management
* Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
* MS Office - proficient user as role will need to work with Excel spreadsheets and reporting
* Role requires the completion a drug screening for safety sensitive positions
Preferred, but not required
* Associate s or Bachelor s degree
* Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
* Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
* 3 weeks vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
* 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee s first 6% contribution
* Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
* Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
* Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
* Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
* Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
* And much more!
*Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.
If, at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us at Taleo_Administrator@karlstorz.com and we'll be happy to engage in an interactive process with you.
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ s Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral fees.