Operating Room Nurse PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/3/2019
END DATE 2/1/2020
West Hills Surgery Center
West Hills, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
HCA has been recognized as a WORLD'S MOST ADMIRED COMPANY in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by FORTUNE MAGAZINE. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are mostly performed Monday-Friday and may occasionally require weekends. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
* Demonstrates necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the peri-operative nurse in accordance with AORN and other regulatory standards of practice.
* Demonstrates knowledge of surgical procedures and has the ability to oversee the instrument and equipment set-up, prepare for the case utilizing preference cards, and anticipates needs of surgeon.
* Coordinates and oversees the room during a case as the circulator.
* Demonstrates knowledge of management of patient, including: being available to anesthesia during intubation and extubation, assisting as needed in sudden changes in patient condition and being readily available to assist as directed.
* Performs thorough patient interview and assessment in accordance with procedure and assures an appropriate, detailed time out process is done according to policy.
* Consistently reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure. Assures appropriate consent, H/P, diagnostic reports, and relevant information are on chart prior to the start of procedure.
* Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice (i.e. review physician orders, pre-op antibiotics, preparing/labeling medications on/off field, utilizing the 7 medication rights, identifying high alert medications, conducting independent double checks when indicated, and narcotic waste, etc.). Assures only licensed personnel administer medications.
* Relays appropriate hand off communication to PACU staff to ensure continuity of care.
* Participates in the anesthesia time-out process if performed in the pre-op area prior to administration of pre-operative blocks or prior to the induction of anesthesia.
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
· Minimum 2 years experience in an operating room setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
· Active RN license as required by state of employment or appropriate compact licensure
· Valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
· ACLS and PALS required.
· CNOR certification preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.