Operating Room Nurse RN PRN, Full Time, and Part-Time shifts available 6/22/2018
Saint Luke's Health System
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Our operating teams have unit-based leadership teams and are supportive and collaborative with one another. We believe in creating teams that are kind, professional and treats each other as they would a patient. This is key to being successful in this position. These teams work with innovative processes and technologies such as our continuous expansion of our robotics programs.
We are looking for experienced operating room nurses that work well under pressure and embrace the unexpected. We are seeking nursing professionals that are passionate about their practice, adaptable, and eager to learn and drive continuous improvement. We are looking for confident nurses who can be the patient s advocate and speak up when needed.
* The Registered Nurse in Surgery is accountable for utilizing the nursing process, safety and efficiency.
* Requires flexibility and dependability.
* Care of the patient in the intra-operative phase of care. Strong patient advocate focused on patient safety and efficiency.
* Delegates patient care tasks and for supervision of other patient care staff. Responsible for coordinating the plan of care for a group of assigned patients and consulting with other members of the health care team when indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
* This clinical nurse demonstrates proficiency and abides by policies rules guidelines and procedures.
Saint Luke s has a strong nurse governance and we encourage all of our nurses to participate and help us make Saint Luke s THE BEST PLACE TO GET CARE, THE BEST PLACE TO GIVE CARE. Our leaders support and encourage their nurses to take their careers to the next level and participate in various projects and initiatives that directly impact patient care and the organization.
The requirements include a current Missouri RN license, BLS and experience in Surgery with the ability to circulate a variety of cases. This position includes call coverage.
* Health, Vision and Dental
* Leave of Absence, PTO, Extended Sick Leave, and various Welfare plans
* Flex Savings Accounts
* Health Savings Accounts
* Various other Voluntary Benefits Available
* Retirement Options
* Clinical Advancement Program Shared Governance, Unit Based Project, Career Advancement
Applicable Experience:Less than 1 year
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Registered Nurse - Various
Associate Degree (Required), Bachelor's Degree: Nursing
"THE BEST PLACE TO GET CARE. THE BEST PLACE TO GIVE CARE." THAT IS THE SAINT LUKE'S VISION AND, WHETHER IN A HOSPITAL, CLINIC, PRACTICE, OR OFFICE, OUR MORE THAN 12,000 EMPLOYEES STRIVE TOWARD THAT VISION EVERY DAY. SAINT LUKE'S EMPLOYEES ARE PROUD OF OUR RICH HISTORY AND HERITAGE, AND THAT WE REMAIN THE ONLY FAITH-BASED, NONPROFIT, LOCALLY OWNED HEALTH SYSTEM IN KANSAS CITY. JOINING SAINT LUKE'S MEANS JOINING A TEAM OF EXCEPTIONAL PROFESSIONALS WHO ALWAYS STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE IN PATIENT CARE. TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR CAREER WITHIN A HIGHLY DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE WORK SPACE WHERE ALL VOICES MATTER.
JOIN THE KANSAS CITY REGION'S PREMIERE PROVIDER OF HEALTH SERVICES. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE HIRE ONLY NON-TOBACCO USERS.