This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/31/2019
END DATE 1/29/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWho we are:
LANXESS is a leading specialty chemicals company with sales of EUR 7.3 billion in 2018 and about 15,000 employees in 25 countries. The company is currently represented at 60+ production sites worldwide. The core business of LANXESS is the development, manufacturing and marketing of chemical intermediates, additives, specialty chemicals and plastics.
LANXESS is listed in the leading sustainability indices Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI World) and FTSE4Good.
In the United States, LANXESS employs more than 2,000 people at 21 locations in 10 states.
What we can offer you:
LANXESS is a young company with strong roots! We derive our strength from global presence, management excellence and most importantly our people! Our employees are the pillars of our success.
We offer exciting career opportunities regionally as well as internationally, educational assistance programs, competitive pay and benefits, language training programs, and many other personal and professional development programs that are a part of our vision and values that drive our ongoing success.
* Operating mechanical equipment in a safe and efficient mode
* Operate the process control system recording readings of critical variables
* Record readings of critical equipment in the Maleic unit.
* Collect samples for labs
* Evaluate operating and laboratory analysis - perform required analysis and take corrective action
* Perform minor maintenance
* Mitigate unsafe conditions including unit shutdown, activating emergency systems
* Prepare equipment for maintenance
* Trouble shooting process problems
* Properly contain and / or decontaminate waste
* Responsible for material handling
* Maintain personal training as required
* Report near hits and incidents promptly
* Process Technology degree or certificate
* 3 years experience in a plant environment
* Possess basic mechanical skills and basic mathematical skills
* Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions in process operations; knowledge of the quality/control plan's standard operational practices, methods, and materials and equipment used in the chemical processing
* Ability to work a rotating shift and ability to physically perform the required operations to produce chemicals.
* Troubleshooting skills
* Requires ability to routinely push, pull or lift at least 50 pounds while performing normal unit operations; ability to climb stairs and work at heights in excess of 100 feet; ability to climb vertical ladders. Must possess sufficient physical strength to perform required operations in a safe manner without endangering the individual or fellow worker.
What we offer you:
* Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages, inclusive of a global bonus program and an individual performance bonus program.
* Comprehensive Benefits: We provide a variety of benefits to support your financial security, health and wellbeing including retirement plans, health programs, life insurance and medical care.
* Work-Life & Flexibility: We support you in maintaining a balance between working hours and personal life. With our global Xwork program, we offer flexible working arrangements in all countries in which we operate.
* Training & Development: We are committed to your professional and personal development and encourage you in the ongoing pursuit of education, training and knowledge through both formal and informal learning .
Diversity: LANXESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Join the LANXESS team!
Must include a resume.