Operational Test Engineer (CH-53) 7/23/2020
Frontier Technology Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Frontier Technology, Inc. is seeking a full-time CH-53 Operational Test Engineert to join our team of qualified, talented, and diverse individuals in Jacksonville, NC
* This position is responsible for providing CH-53 System Engineering expertise in support of test and evaluation for the Department of the Navy s (DoN) Commander, Operational Test and Evaluation Force (COMOPTEVFOR).
* The successful candidate will provide operational test subject matter expertise while functioning as an expert in support of DoN test activities
* Ensure viability, traceability and control of test procedures
* Work with the assigned Operational Test Director (OTD) to ensure the developed test plan and ensuing reports meet all COMOPTEVFOR, DOT&E and Joint testing requirements for assigned USMC Type/Model/Series aircraft
Provide support for:
* Assigned project documentation and additional documentation as required to include:
* Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) updates
* Operational Test (OT) and Integrated Test (IT) Plans and Reports
* Verification Correction of Deficiencies (VCD) related documentation
* Ensure coordination of inputs to execute a safe, and operationally realistic test event(s)
* Ensure the timely delivery of test related documents in preparation for, during, and after test events
* Execute Knowledge of the IEF and Mission Based Test Design in creating an operationally realistic test plan, as well as concepts of Integrated DT/OT testing, Multi-service T&E and Joint T&E
* Support the OTD in preparations for and execution of Operational Test Readiness Reviews for the various stages of testing
* Assist the OTD in test design, execution and reporting
* Must have DoD Secret clearance or above
* (Preferred) minimum of 3 years of experience in planning and organizing test plan related work tasks, developing test plans, collecting data, and performing reconstruction and analysis for the test and evaluation of tactical operational systems.
* (Preferred) Defense Acquisition Level 1 Test and Evaluation certification
* Minimum of 2 years of direct experience with DoD/DoN instructions and policies with respect to Test and Evaluation, including for example, ORD/CDD/CPD, TEMP and Test Plan development and approval, Operational Assessment management, and IOT&E/OT&E/FOT&E decision milestone management.
* Knowledge and understanding of historical aircraft and rotary wing test techniques and procedures used within DoD
* Bachelor s Degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field from an ABET accredited College or University, preferred
* Working knowledge of Department of Defense mission, activities
* Working knowledge of Department of Defense mission, activities and terminology.
* Understanding of the DoD 5000 series, OPNAVINST 5000.42 series, as well as SECNAVINST 5000 series instructions
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with members of a diverse military and civilian team
* Highly proficient in desktop computer applications, e.g. Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) a must..
FTI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, protected Veteran status or any other factor protected by law.