Operations Instructional Design Specialist 10/9/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Operations Instructional Design Specialist
The RSD Operations Training team is responsible for coordinating and facilitating all onboarding, conceptual business and product training, and role-based skill-training for a variety of frontline RSD Operations teams. A portion of the team will support the division s unique, single point of contact, call center, comprised of FINRA-licensed Annuity Product Specialists, trained to provide business-differentiating service to a non-segmented base of clients. Also supported are the retail and structured Operations processing teams, where Business Service Specialists conduct review and processing of a wide spectrum of pre- and post-issue annuity contract transactions. External hires into advanced Operations teams will also be included in the Operations onboarding experience. Through service excellence, these teams are all viewed as cornerstone differentiators in why clients choose to conduct their business through Pacific Life.
The Operations Instructional Design Specialist is responsible for developing effective onboarding, new hire and up-training curriculum across a variety of platforms (e-learning, in-person, virtual), that maximizes learner comprehension and retention, while supporting a positive employee experience, connecting staff to the organization and its values. Regularly conducts needs analysis with departmental stakeholders to develop and enhance coursework for each area s learning roadmap, evaluates and evolves existing curriculum to incorporate industry, organizational, procedural and product changes, and socializes learning opportunities across Operations.
Create and Develop Curriculum
* Conduct needs assessments and job analysis with management, Trainers and data analysts to determine training needs.
* Define instructional objectives and select appropriate delivery methods to appeal to all adult learning styles.
* Write narratives and collaborate with Trainers to develop storyboards.
* Design and build interactive learning experiences using a variety of training methods and reinforcement strategies (e.g. case studies, stories, small group activities, games, simulations, etc.)
* Create trainers guides, participant materials, visuals, job aids., and guide trainers to effectively implement.
* Demonstrates strong awareness of Operations and PL values and objectives, incorporating messaging throughout content.
* Make enhancements as necessary, cascading throughout program, as appropriate for consistency.
* Utilizes the Training, Project and Knowledge Management teams and subject matter experts as necessary to vet accuracy of content. Works positively with all stakeholders, ensuring effective outcomes.
* Documents how all components fit into the training roadmap for each Operations team.
* Evaluates pilots of new courses and makes adjustments prior to launches.
* Promotes learning opportunities across Operations teams, generating interest and participation.
* Ensures all documentation follows compliance guidelines for approval, storage and retention.
* Stays informed of and applies best practices around current professional learning standards and trends in training designs.
Administration and Project Management
* Maintains an organized module-based training library through LMS system and KNET.
* Tracks all ongoing initiatives; Able to fluidly communicate each initiative s objective and status.
* Communicates status with all key stakeholders.
* Meets established deadlines.
* Demonstrates awareness of the Performance Management and SMART goal writing process and meets target deadlines for check-ins and evaluations. Takes ownership for goals and learning opportunities. Collaborates with Supervisor to identify growth opportunities and craft meaningful goals. Comes prepared for coaching sessions with status of progress. Follows through on action plans.
* Bachelor s degree required; instructional design or related training degree recommended.
* 3+ years experience in a similar role, including experience in e-learning design, instructional design and content development.
* Requires demonstrated knowledge of instructional design theory and adult learning principles.
* Competency with training development and animation tools required, including Articulate 360. Knowledge of Camtasia preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically PowerPoint. Visio also helpful.
* Experience with administration of Learning Management Systems helpful; preferably Cornerstone.
* Able to work effectively with diverse groups of people and various position levels.
* Must be able to plan and manage time effectively to meet project deadlines.
* Must be comfortable working in an environment of change.
* Experience in a financial services or annuities operations environment is not required, but a plus
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Competitive salary and bonus program Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) Generous vacation time and holiday pay And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
About Pacific Life
For more than 150 years, Pacific Life has offered innovative products and services including life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life offers an environment where you re empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow. For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit www.PacificLife.com.