Operations Manager 5/2/2020
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Stanley Black & Decker
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) team means joining one of the worldu0027s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 500 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world.
Supervise the activities and staff of a focused factory to maximize productive and quality. Ensure on-time shipments and customer satisfaction. Provides training and guidance to work team members to develop technical skills and knowledge.
* Assist in developing overall production and overtime schedules. Maintains time and attendance tracking.
* Drives key lean elements in the operation, such as 6S, Cellular Manufacturing, Kanban replenishment, SMED, Visual management, Continuous Flow and Material Flow. Assist in operator training and development of technical skills. Provides assistance to focused-factory engineers to increase productivity and quality.
* Administers policies and procedures as applicable.
* Provides support to work cell members in meeting production requirements.
* Provides assistance to shop floors when group leader is out/off, by boxing, moving parts etc.
* Supervision level required for 100+ employees
* Perform other duties as assigned or requested
* Maintain 6S standards throughout shop floor
* Flexible to work all shifts
* Stretch the organization by creating a learning environment/culture, problem solving, envisioning the future state condition, and leading toward fulfillment.
* Work closely with production, maintenance and other support functions in managing equipment moves and improving facility layout.
* Perform other special projects or duties as required.
* Improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency using lean manufacturing.
* Bachelor s degree required (preferably Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering)
* Experience of 5-7 years in the manufacturing field (metal forming or automotive is a plus)
* Demonstrated experience in a facility design including layout of manufacturing equipment and processes through the value stream
* Formal Lean Training a plus
* AS9100 Quality System experience a plus
* Ability to read blueprints
* Strong oral and written communication skills required
* Coordinate events and activities
* Computer skills required for MS Word, Excel, Outlook, E-Time and JDE
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic