Operations Manager 8/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OPERATIONS MANAGER
Richardson, TX, USA Req #137
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
ABOUT INOGEN Inogen was founded in 2001 to improve quality of life and increase freedom and independence for oxygen therapy users. Inogen is innovation in oxygen therapy. The Inogen mission is to improve freedom and independence for oxygen therapy patients through innovative products and services. Inogen is a manufacturer and Accredited Homecare Provider.
Inogen is focused on quality care, continuous improvement, and outstanding customer satisfaction. We are a stable, USA based company dedicated to providing an exciting and rewarding career to our employees. We completed a successful Initial Public Offering on the NASDAQ in 2014 and have demonstrated substantial growth over the last five years. Our work environment is casual yet high performing, and we are looking for seriously talented, motivated, and fast-paced professionals to join our team.
The Operations Manager manages the operations of all production areas to ensure that safety, quality, volume, and cost metrics are achieved. Plans and establishes work schedules, staffing requirements, and production sequences to maximize productivity. Provides production process analysis and makes recommendations on solutions to process improvements. Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
* Manage production facility and a team of supervisors in order to achieve production goals.
* Estimate costs and prepare budget.
* Propose, plan and execute cost reduction and productivity improvement projects.
* Implement standard operating procedures and verify adherence.
* Schedule work flow to maximize throughput reduce expenses and increase productivity.
* Monitor quality standards.
* Develop and mentor personnel in order to achieve performance goals.
* Establish workflow policies and create training plans to cross train on critical skills.
* Root Cause analysis after quality issues are identified.
* Operate within and verify adherence to FDA and ISO 13485 standards.
* Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Assist with any other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Thorough knowledge of ISO, OSHA, and FDA standards.
* Lean/Six Sigma experience.
* Superior analytical abilities.
* Excellent management skills, both of individuals as well as projects.
* Must have strong work ethic.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
* Attention to detail is required.
* Effective conflict resolution.
* Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multi task.
* Solutions-oriented problem solver.
* Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to effectively interface with different departments within the company.
QUALIFICATIONS (Experience and Education)
* Bachelor s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems Engineering, or related technical discipline, required.
* 7 years experience in operations for a medical device manufacturing company, required.
* 2 years management experience, with a minimum of five direct reports in a manufacturing environment, required.
* Six Sigma black belt, required.
* Intermediate knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, Oracle, Ultriva, required.
* A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm;
The pay transparency policy is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf.
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.