Operations Research Analyst 5/6/2020
Integration Innovation, Inc. (I3)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Welcome page
Log back in!
OPERATIONS RESEARCH ANALYST
Job Locations US-VA-Arlington
Location : Location
i3 is seeking an Operations Research Analyst to support Mission Integration Management, Engineering, and Analysis activities. This position is located in Arlington, VA.
This position will support programs in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research & Engineering (OUSD(R&E)). USD(R&E) requires mission engineering, analysis, and integration expertise to produce objective insights and analytic justification to inform future technology and capability investment decisions within the Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Execution (PPBE) process and aid in the prioritization, alignment and validation of requirements within Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) to deliver modernized capabilities that enable an all domain joint force aligned with future Joint Warfighting Concepts.
* Applying experience and capability to: structure, design, and manage engagement and campaign level analyses; digitally model and execute simulations to analyze end-to-end weapon system fire control chains, sensor and communication networks, weapons effects, and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance system support; formulate and execute operations research analysis; estimate materiel solutions and operations cost; characterize and digitally model threat systems and their effects; perform analytical computation functions, perform mission, gap, risk, and sensitivity analyses
* Applying subject matter expertise in technologies; system capabilities, performance, and operations; and joint force operations related to one or more of the following areas: Joint force application and integration, concepts of employment, concepts of operations, and operational constraints; land, sea, air, and space platforms; offensive, defensive, kinetic and directed energy weapons from all domains; sensors for ISR and fire control; cyberwarfare; communication networks; electromagnetic spectrum management - to include Electronic Warfare and 5G; automation applications; Command, Control, and Battle Management; and/or Fires - close air support, long range fires, targeting, air and missile defense
* Support stakeholder integration working level meetings related to Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS), Joint Force Integration Cell (JFIC), Joint All-Domain Command and Control (JADC2), War gaming / Table Top Exercises (TTX), Service / COCOM Engagement, Industry Engagement, and USD(R&E) Modernization Assistant Directors
* Conduct mission engineering and analysis studies to evaluate the efficacy of legacy architectures and new technologies in new mission concepts of employment to meet evolving joint mission objectives; produce a comprehensive mission blueprint that documents and communicates the ways and means to achieve the recommended joint mission solution and the analytic justification for the value it provides
* Develop/acquire models and data, and use simulations to analyze the performance of legacy and alternative solutions against mission success criteria
* Conduct future gap/tradeoff analysis and studies and align mission analysis plans
* Minimum of a bachelor s degree in mathematics, operations research, statistics, computer science, management discipline
* Minimum of ten (10) years experience
* A TS/SCI security clearance
* Expert in analyzing system solutions to complex and challenging DoD problems
* Experience defining operational problems within the fighting forces and using statistical analysis, simulations, predictive modeling, or other methods to analyze and develop practical solutions
* Experience developing and executing analysis and study plans that address complex problems, examine trade-offs and sensitivities, and produce data and information rich products and artifacts
* Master s degree
* Familiarity with multiple community-standard simulation capabilities (e.g., Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration and Modeling (AFSIM); Synthetic Theater Operations Research Model (STORM); ARENA; Systems Tool Kit (STK); Integrated Threat Analysis Simulation Environment (ITASE); MatLAB, etc.)
* Experience with high-fidelity performance assessment, kill chain-, and force-on-force analyses
* Experience with tools to support data analysis and visualization
* Programming experience with R, Python, MATLAB, and generic optimization packages
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
i3 is an AAP/EEO/VEVRRA equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the i3 Career page as a result of your disability.
You can request reasonable accommodations by calling (256) 513-5179 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your interest in i3. i3 is a drug-free workplace. The unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession, or use of a controlled substance is prohibited. All candidates who receive conditional offers of employment are subject to drug testing. Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS